Grenoble, France – October 7, 2015 -- The EDA-SoC project has put Dolphin Integration in the position of a full supplier for ASIC and SOC users: this R&D Program supported by the French, Italian, German and Norwegian Ministries of Defense through the European Defense Agency gathered 14 partners, major defense equipment manufacturers, technology providers, and design centers, involved from 2011 to 2015.
Dolphin Integration's ASIC/SoC design services addressed the challenge of setting up and demonstrating access to a European CMOS foundry – a step forward in worldwide competitiveness:
- Entering into a Wafer Foundry Services Agreement with STMicroelectronics (announced early 2012) in order to offer to customers an efficient path to ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, up to production for nanometric technologies covering multiple processes such as 130 nm, 65 nm and 55 nm.
- Performing the physical implementation of the co-defined test chip, embedding a 32-bit RISC processor, an embedded FPGA macro, and regular logic blocks, with testability features.
- Managing the complete supply chain covering the silicon fabrication, the packaging and the preliminary test activities, up to the delivery of circuits ready to run.
- Taking into account strict constraints linked to sensitive project requirements: ITAR-free approach, encrypted exchanges, low/medium volume, etc.
Acting as prime contractor from the design phase (RTL/netlist) to the supply chain management, Dolphin Integration enforces its strategic position for equipment manufacturers by offering the missing links:
- Design of digital and mixed-signal ASIC/SoC for a variety of markets (IoT, Industrial, Medical, Mil/Aero...) based on a strong and recognized expertise in:
- mixed-signal silicon IP: high resolution converters for MEMs interfaces, audio ADC and DAC…
- low power solutions: standard cell libraries, memories, voltage regulators, power island solutions,
- modeling and simulation solutions for low-power SoC design.
- Access to advanced technologies through myMACS, an extended MPW/Shuttle approach with industrial guarantees, gathering multiple ASIC/SoC from customers.
- Certified quality standards: ISO-9001 and soon EN9100.
For further information,
- visit EDA-SoC project website,
- discover the numerous fields of expertise,
- contact our business manager, Jean-Luc Triouleyre at +33 4 76 41 74 02 or by email to openly discuss your current or upcoming ASIC/SoC needs to determine how to benefit from a trusted partner
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
This wide offering is based on innovative libraries of standard cells, register files, memory generators and power regulators. Complete networks for power supply can be flexibly assembled together with their loads: from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized micro-controllers of 8 or 16 and 32 bits.
Over 30 years of diverse experiences in the integration of silicon IP components and providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, with its own EDA solutions solving unaddressed challenges, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.
The company striving to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success has led to two strong differentiators:
- state-of-the-art “configured subsystems” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
- a team of Integration and Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.