Highly integrated CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP platform combines multiple sensing, processing and connectivity technologies enabling rapid system prototyping for mobile, wearable and smarthome SoC designs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Oct. 21, 2015 -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of DSP and IP platforms for cellular, multimedia and connectivity, today introduced a new silicon-based DSP development platform to accelerate the deployment of 'smart and connected' devices. The platform incorporates a wealth of processing, connectivity, sensing and application software which are key building blocks for prototyping IoT devices, targeting a broad range of end markets including mobile, wearables and the smarthome.
The platform is built around a power-optimized CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP and subsystem implemented in silicon through a collaboration with SMIC, who fabricated it at their IoT-centric 55nmLP process. Running at 500MHz, the DSP provides designers with a powerful means to add 'smart and connected' capabilities to these devices, including always-on sensing, local processing and intelligence and connectivity. The platform also provides real-time power measurement that allows developers to optimize and power-tune their DSP software.
"Developing diverse IoT applications for the mobile, wearable, and smarthome markets requires highly integrated development platforms that combine sensing, processing, and connectivity capabilities," said Moshe Sheier, director of strategic marketing at CEVA. "The 'Smart and Connected' CEVA-TeakLite-4 based development platform offers our customers and partners all the essential building blocks they require to prototype products where low power signal processing is key to performance and functionality."
The CEVA Smart and Connected Development Platform incorporates the following elements:
- DSP development chip: 500MHz CEVA-TeakLite-4 and subsystem of integrated peripherals (TDM, DMA, I2C, I2S, ICU, Timers, GPIO, etc.)
- Host CPU: Linux running on-board ARM Cortex-A9 for complete CPU + DSP system prototyping
- Connectivity: multiple wireless technologies available from CEVA and its partners, including Bluetooth Smart and Smart Ready, Wi-Fi, ZigBee and GNSS
- Peripherals and interfaces: including on-board digital (MEMS) microphones, I2C I/F for sensors, audio CODEC with digital and analog audio in/outs, USB, UART, PCIe, and Ethernet ports, user configurable FPGA, GPIOs, DDR memory, SD card, and LCD display
- Arduino connectors and drivers: allows Arduino Shields to be connected to the board, leveraging a massive ecosystem of Arduino-related products
- CEVA's Android Multimedia Framework (AMF) for offloading Android tasks from CPU to DSP to enhance always-on functionality and long audio playback time
- RTOS and DSP libraries: multi-tasking RTOS and a DSP library to jumpstart system design
In addition, CEVA and its broad ecosystem of partners offer audio, voice and sensing software and applications that are fully optimized for the CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP, including Sensory's always-on voice activation and speech recognition, NXP Software's multi-microphone noise reduction, Cypher's neural-network based voice isolation technology, Cywee Motion sensor-fusion algorithms and more than 100 other software functions.
CEVA will demonstrate the 'smart and connected' development platform at its upcoming Technology Symposiums, October 26-30 in China and Taiwan. More information is available at http://events.ceva-dsp.com/symposium-2015/.
On November 19th, CEVA will host a live webinar titled 'Fast Track to Smarter IoT' which will include an overview of the 'smart and connected' development platform. For more information and to register for the webinar, visit http://bit.ly/1NS2vQ9.
The silicon platform and full software development kit is available now. Please contact email@example.com or your local sales office for more details.