Grenoble, France – October 26, 2015 -- Dolphin Integration is pleased to announce the launch of its ultra-low quiescent-current linear regulator dedicated to supplying Always-on power domains.
The growing IoT market induces very specific “must have” features for smart and connected devices: they operate most of the time in sleep mode, during which only the always-on part of the circuit is still active, and they are battery-powered. The challenge for SoC designers is therefore to reduce the power consumption in sleep mode, in order to extend battery life, which implies optimizing jointly always-on blocks and the voltage regulator required to supply them.
The qLR-Della-AON, compliant with the DELTA standard, fulfills the need for an ultra-low power linear regulator designed for supplying always-on domains. Its wide output voltage range enables supplying ultra-low voltage loads, down to 0.55 V, to achieve the lowest power consumption in sleep mode.
- Ultra-low quiescent current (150 nA)
- Maximum Output current of 1 mA
- 0.55 to 3.3 V programmable output voltage
- Capless linear regulator (no off-chip capacitor needed) for reduced
- Provided with load transient template and abacus to between the regulator and its load
- Complemented with an Over-voltage Protection Module (OPM) enabling to support a [1.9 V - 4.4 V] input voltage range for direct connection to a Li-Ion battery.
Several architectures to optimize leakage:
The qLR-Della-AON can be provided either as a stand-alone regulator or integrated into a Retention Alternating Regulator (RAR) to provide a plug-and-play regulation solution optimized for both active and sleep modes.
The qLR-Della-AON has been designed to be combined with the SESAME eLV library which enables operating always-on logic down to the minimum retention voltage (e.g. 0.55 V at 55 uLP processes) so as to provide the best solution to implement and supply ultra-low power always-on blocks.
Overall SoC power consumption minimization
For more information about regulation components, provide your information to be contacted asap.
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
This wide offering is based on innovative libraries of standard cells, register files, memory generators and power regulators. Complete networks for power supply can be flexibly assembled together with their loads: from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized micro-controllers of 8 or 16 and 32 bits.
Over 30 years of diverse experiences in the integration of silicon IP components and providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, with its own EDA solutions solving unaddressed challenges, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.
The company striving to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success has led to two strong differentiators:
- state-of-the-art “configured subsystems” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
- a team of Integration and Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.