intoPIX showcases UHDTV Hybrid SDI/IP Interoperability using TICO lightweight compression at the SMPTE 2015 Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition.
The demonstration includes UHDTV hybrid infrastructure technology from Semtech, Xilinx, TV-Logic and BES
CAMARILLO, Calif. – October 26, 2015 — intoPIX, a leading provider of video compression technologies for FPGA, ASIC and software,, will be demonstrating interoperability of its TICO lightweight compression to transport ultra-high definition video over a next-generation UHDTV hybrid SDI/IP infrastructure featuring advanced technology from Semtech, Xilinx, TVLogic and Bes at the SMPTE 2015 Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Hollywood, California, on the intopix Booth, Dolby room, booth 207.
The demonstration features interoperability of Semtech’s 12Gb/s UHD-SDI interface solutions, including the GS12141 cable equalizer and the GS12181 cable driver in conjunction with intoPIX, compressed SDI/IP solutions using TICO compression technology, a visually lossless, lightweight compression specifically designed for the broadcast industry. The demonstration includes FPGA IP cores that support TICO compression and SMPTE ST2022-6 encapsulation provided by Xilinx, a major supplier of FPGA broadcast video solutions, an advanced 55” 12Gb/s UHD-SDI UHDTV monitor by TVLogic a manufacturer of leading-edge UHDTV broadcast display solutions and a 12Gb/s UHD-SDI patch field, supplied by Bes, a supplier of advanced broadcast patch panel products.
“Hybrid SDI/IP infrastructures are being realized today using a combination of SDI and IP technologies. With the requirement to support UHDTV image formats going forward, those same hybrid infrastructures must now also support a combination of base-band UHD-SDI and mezzanine compressed 3G-SDI and IP interfaces, “said Gael Rouvroy, C.T.O over intoPIX. “Semtech’s portfolio of SDI and UHD-SDI solutions facilitates seamless operation of next generation UHDTV hybrid SDI/IP infrastructures.
“The interoperability of Semtech’ UHD-SDI portfolio in a hybrid SDI/IP infrastructure utilizing intoPIX’s TICO light compression technology, will address the critical requirements of broadcasters as they update their facilities with UHDTV enabled infrastructures”, said John Hudson, Director of Strategic Technology and New Business Development for Semtech’s Signal Integrity Product Group. “Advanced UHDTV solutions from Xilinx, TV-Logic and Bes will further drive rapid adoption of next generation UHDTV hybrid SDI/IP infrastructures.”
Key Features of the TICO light compression applied to SDI & IP
- TICO light compression : the image coding brings visually lossless quality up to 4:1 with pixel line latency, robustness to multiple coding passes, low power and extremely low complexity in FPGA and software.
- TICO SDI encapsulation: Using TICO with 4:1 compression, 12G-SDI signals can be mapped onto a single 3G-SDI streams avoiding the forbidden values of the SDI. It enables to carry up TICO UHD/4K streams over IP using SMPTE2022-6.
- TICO RTP mapping: without SDI encapsulation, it can be also transported over IP as an independent RTP stream.
- TICO FPGA & CPU powered Product Page: www.intopix.com/TICO
- Find intoPIX on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
intoPIX is a leading image compression technology provider to audiovisual equipment manufacturers. We are passionate about offering people a higher quality image experience and have developed FPGA and ASIC IP-cores as well as software tools that enable leading-edge TICO Lightweight compression, JPEG 2000 compression, security, video over IP and hardware enforcement. More information on our company, customers and products can be found on www.intopix.com
Xilinx is the worldwide leader of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs for the broadcast and pro a/v markets with solutions ranging from video processing, audio and video network connectivity; real-time 8K, 4K and high definition video processing; and video over IP solutions. These solutions enable any media over any network, accelerate time to market and achieve greater innovation and differentiation in broadcast and pro a/v systems. For more information, please visit www.xilinx.com/broadcast.
TVLogic Co., Ltd, established in 2002 in Korea, is one of the leading broadcast monitor and professional display manufacturers in the world. TVLogic provides 11 series and 39 models for broadcast and professional monitors - covering from 5.5” FHD camera-top monitor up to 55” large screen UHD monitor, from small rack-mount monitors for OB van and studios up to class-1 monitors for high-end prost production suites. For more information, please visit www.tvlogic.tv.
BES is a market leading manufacturer of broadcast patching products with a wealth of skills and expertise to meet the needs of the dynamic broadcast industry. For over 30 years, BES has been designing unique solutions for video and audio patching panels, mains distribution units, HD coaxial termination panels and broadcast accessories, whilst using only the highest quality components. BES is one of four brands from DEM Manufacturing; a division of Alpha 3 Manufacturing Limited, which also incorporates three electromechanical sub-contract manufacturers and two European component distributors. For more information, visit www.dem-uk.com/bes
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, computing, communications and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
Search Silicon IP
intoPIX Hot IP
- intoPIX Showcases UHDTV Hybrid SDI/IP Interoperability Using TICO Lite Compression at SMPTE 2015 Conference
- Media Links Integrates TICO Lightweight Compression into its MDP Series
- Nevion integrates TICO lightweight compression into its Virtuoso product line.
- TICO Alliance Moves Forward with SMPTE for Transporting UHD-4K over IP and SDI, Adds New Members and Shows Live 4K Demos at IBC 2015
- TICO Lightweight Compression Shortlisted "Finalist for the IABM Game Changer Awards 2015" at NAB 2015.
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
- NVIDIA Collaborates With SoftBank Corp. to Power SoftBank's Next-Gen Data Centers Using Grace Hopper Superchip for Generative AI and 5G/6G
- UltraRISC Selects Valtrix STING for Verification of RISC-V SoC Designs
- The game-changing addition of intoPIX JPEG XS codec by Providius heralds a new era of IP media analysis
- Xiphera extends its Transport Layer Security product family
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- MIPS Leverages Siemens' Veloce proFPGA platform to Implement and Make Available Capabilities of its New High-Performance eVocore P8700 RISC-V Multiprocessor
- New Arm Total Compute Solutions enable a mobile future built on Arm
- U.S. Government Accredits GlobalFoundries to Manufacture Trusted Semiconductors at New York Facility
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|