Grenoble, France – December 14, 2015 -- For SoCs supplied by Lithium-Ion or Alkaline batteries, the actual voltage ranges from 4.4 V in their life, down to 2.0 V over time. They empower IoT devices, which are most of the time put in sleep mode in order to extend their battery life, requiring ultra low voltage supplies for their Always-on and retention domains.
To comply with these requirements, the use of several stages of regulators is usually needed, increasing BoM cost, PCB area and power consumption: Indeed, an external regulator is dedicated to lowering the battery voltage down to a level of 3.3 V or below, while one or several regulators are dedicated to supplying each power domain.
In order to achieve better optimizations, Dolphin Integration launched its panoply of Over Voltage regulators. The Reusable power kit library now embeds components to regulate voltages down to 0.55 V directly from the battery, leading to BoM cost reduction.
The Over-Voltage (OV) panoply includes regulators at TSMC 55 nm, compliant with the Delta Standard, with diverse optimizations:
- eSR-Niagara is a Switching Regulator suitable for efficiency requirements
- qLR-Aubrey is a Linear Regulator with ultra-low quiescent current
- The Retention Alternating Regulator combines two such regulators with rigorous Control Unit a to optimize both active and sleep modes of a SoC
- An Over Protection module is featured to enable over-voltage operation (up to 4.4 V) while using a standard 3.3 V process
Mindful of the overall SoC optimization, Dolphin Integration offers a complete set of solutions, suitable to reduce BoM cost and Silicon area such as High Density Memories and Standard Cell Libraries compatible for their steady and in-rush current needs.
Contact us and get more information about the Panoply of Over Voltage regulators
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling low-power Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with high-density Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
The "Foundation IP" of this offering involves innovative libraries of standard cells, register files and memory generators. The "Fabric IP" of voltage regulators, Power Island Construction Kits and their control network MAESTRO enable a flexible assembly with their loads. They especially star the "Feature IP": from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized 8 or 16 and 32 bit micro-controllers.
Over 30 years of experience in the integration of silicon IP components, providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication with its own EDA solutions, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop addressing all customers' needs for specific requests.
It is not just one more supplier of Technology, but the provider of the DOLPHIN INTEGRATION know-how!
The company strives to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success, which has led to two strong differentiators:
· state-of-the-art “panoplies of Semiconductor IP components” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
· a team of Integration and Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments.
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.