Xilinx Ships 16nm Virtex UltraScale+ Devices; Industry's First High-End FinFET FPGAs
Xilinx is actively engaged with more than one hundred customers on the UltraScale+ portfolio with design tools, and has already shipped devices and/or boards to over sixty of these customers
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Jan. 28, 2016-- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX) today announced first customer shipment of the Virtex® UltraScale+™ FPGA, the industry's first high-end FinFET FPGA built using TSMC's 16FF+ process. Xilinx is actively engaged with more than one hundred customers on the UltraScale+ portfolio with design tools, and has already shipped devices and/or boards to over sixty of these customers. The Virtex UltraScale+ devices join the Zynq® UltraScale+ MPSoCs and Kintex® UltraScale+ FPGAs showcasing the availability of all three families of the Xilinx® 16nm portfolio. Virtex UltraScale+ devices build on the success of the Virtex UltraScale family, the industry's only 20nm high-end FPGAs. With industry leading capabilities like 32G transceivers, PCIe® Gen 4 integrated cores, and UltraRAM on-chip memory technology, the new devices provide the required performance and integration needed for next generation Data Center, 400G and Terabit Wired Communications, Test and Measurement, and Aerospace and Defense markets.
"The successful delivery of our Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA marks the availability of all three UltraScale+ 16nm families, which are already providing more than one hundred customers with the ability to develop next generation designs using cutting edge FinFET-based devices, development boards and tools. Our "Three-Peat" execution – with three consecutive generations of leadership technology at 28nm, 20nm, and now at 16nm – showcases our sustained commitment to being first to market with the most advanced products in our industry," said Victor Peng, executive vice president and general manager of the Programmable Products Group at Xilinx.
"Large scale data center systems require high-speed data processing, high-bandwidth, and low-latency connections to network and storage systems," said Jeff Milrod, president and CEO of BittWare. "The early availability of high performance Virtex UltraScale+ devices, will enable us to rapidly meet and deploy leading edge technology addressing the networking, packet processing, storage and acceleration applications required by our customers."
Virtex UltraScale+ devices are now shipping. The UltraScale+ portfolio is supported in the current release of the Vivado® Design Suite 2015.4 with over 100 customers actively in development.
To watch a video demonstration of the Virtex UltraScale+ device – the industry's first high-end FinFET FPGA – visit http://www.xilinx.com/video/fpga/virtex-ultrascale-plus-32-gigabit-gty-power-optimized-transceiver.html.
About The UltraScale+ Portfolio
Building on Xilinx's technology leadership in 28nm, 20nm, and now 16nm, the broader UltraScale+ portfolio provides 2 – 5x greater system-level performance/watt over 28nm devices. The portfolio is especially well suited for LTE Advanced and early 5G Wireless, Automotive ADAS, Cloud Computing, Industrial Internet-of-Things (IoT), SDN/NFV, and Video/Vision markets.
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs, and 3D ICs. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software defined and hardware optimized – powering industry advancements in Cloud Computing, SDN/NFV, Video/Vision, Industrial IoT, and 5G Wireless. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com
Search Silicon IP
Xilinx, Inc. Hot IP
- Xilinx Ships First Virtex UltraScale FPGA and Expands Industry's Only 20nm High-End Family for 500G on a Single Chip
- Enyx Premieres 25G TCP and UDP Offload Engines with Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ 16nm FPGA on BittWare's XUPP3R PCIe Board
- Xilinx Unveils Details for New 16nm Virtex UltraScale+ FPGAs with High Bandwidth Memory and CCIX Technology
- Xilinx Tapes-out First Virtex UltraScale All Programmable Device as Part of Industry's Only High-End 20nm Family
- Xilinx Announces the World's Highest Performance Adaptive Devices for Advanced ADAS and AD Applications
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|