London, UK – February 9, 2016 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) announces its line-up of demos at the Mobile World Congress 2016.
Who: Imagination, a global leader in multimedia, processor, communication and cloud technologies
What: Imagination will demonstrate cutting-edge solutions for next-generation products such as mobile phones, tablets, wearables, IoT, automotive, ultra HD and OTT TV and more. Demonstrations will highlight the company’s leading IP technologies including MIPS CPUs, PowerVR GPUs, Ensigma connectivity, FlowCloud device-to-cloud technology, OmniShield multi-domain security, Creator developer boards and other solutions.
- World’s first public demonstration of the next major disruption in mobile and consumer graphics with a silicon implementation of the PowerVR Wizard GR6500 ray tracing GPU which delivers amazing realism and performance with 50x the efficiency of a desktop GPU
- 4K-capable, H.265 PowerVR video decoders inside the latest Huawei Mate 8 and other mobile devices
- Smart processing technologies for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) where Imagination’s IP is already inside nearly 90 percent of deployed systems. Solutions from leading automotive chip partners including Mobileye enabling autopilot and driver assistance functionality in cars from Audi, Ford, GM, Nissan, Tesla, Volvo and others; plus innovative new in-car audio solutions featuring Ensigma RPUs
- High-efficiency routers for networking and data centers from Ubiquiti Networks that use 64-bit MIPS-based Cavium OCTEON III
- The recently-announced Creator Ci40 IoT-in-a-box development kit capable of running Linux and Brillo operating systems and showcasing integration with FlowCloud for IoT
- The latest demo of the Khronos Vulkan™* API, highlighting its ideal fit with the Tile Based Deferred Rendering (TBDR) technology in PowerVR GPUs
- Over-the-top (OTT) streaming devices from Amazon, Google and others that feature PowerVR’s leading-edge graphics
- Mobile phones, tablets, wearables and smart camera solutions with Imagination’s IP from ASUS, HTC, Lenovo, Dell and others
When: February 22 – 25, 2016
Where: Hall 6, booth 6E30 at the Fira Gran Via convention center in Barcelona, Spain
More details about Imagination’s presence at MWC can be found at: https://imgtec.com/event/gsma-mobile-world-congress/
*Based on an internal draft Khronos specification, which may change prior to final release. Conformance criteria for this specification have not yet been established.
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination is a global technology leader whose products touch the lives of billions of people across the globe. The company’s broad range of silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocks needed to create the SoCs (Systems on Chips) that power all mobile, consumer and embedded electronics. Its unique software IP, infrastructure technologies and system solutions enable its customers to get to market quickly with complete and highly differentiated SoC platforms. Imagination’s licensees include many of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers, network operators and OEMs/ODMs who are creating some of the world’s most iconic products. See: www.imgtec.com.