Konstanz, Germany, February 15, 2016 – Today, Hyperstone introduces their new U9 - USB 3.1 Flash memory controller. U9 is targeting industrial applications such as removable USB Flash drives (UFD) and embedded USB Flash modules (eUSB). Together with Hyperstone’s hyMap® Flash translation layer (FTL) and hyReliability™ firmware features, U9 provides enhanced endurance and data retention management, as well as rigorous power fail-safe features.
- Fully compliant with USB 3.1 Gen 1, SuperSpeed, Hi-Speed, and Full-Speed modes and mass storage device class
- ECC engine correcting up to 96-Bit/1KB data unit
- Ample hardware resources to support next generation SLC, MLC and 3D NAND Flashes
- Flash interface compliant with Toggle DDR and ONFI 2.3
- On-the-fly AES encryption hardware engine
- Additional SPI, I2C, and ISO7816 (smartcard IC) interfaces
- hyMap® sub-page-based Flash translation layer (FTL)
- hyReliability™ Flash Memory Management and firmware architecture
- Read Disturb Management and Dynamic Data Refresh to maximize data retention and refresh data subject to read disturbance
- Built-in temperature sensing capability
“Our new U9 USB controller complements our USB line and is designed to deliver SuperSpeed performance while maintaining the highest level of reliability. Our hyMap® FTL and our hyReliability™ firmware features are mature and offer highest levels of endurance and reliability,” said Axel Mehnert, VP Marketing of Hyperstone. “Our sophisticated architecture and FTL significantly reduce wear-out of Flashes and offer highest 4K random write performance.”
“Competing USB controllers in the market are still focused on consumer requirements. Hyperstone offers a one hundred percent rugged industrial solution. Our design delivers additional hardware resources such as RAM, error correction, and encryption that enable high-end solutions,” said Dr. Jan Peter Berns, Managing Director of Hyperstone. “Such levels of random write performance, endurance tuning, optimization and health monitoring features are otherwise only found in top notch SSDs.”
U9 will initially be available in a TFBGA-124 (9x9x1.2mm) package qualified for industrial temperature range (-40 to +85 °C). Mass-production samples are available now.
Hyperstone is a fabless semiconductor company based in Konstanz, Germany with a strong focus on world class flash memory controllers for industrial embedded markets. Its products set the standard for high-reliability flash management providing confidence for NAND flash performance in mission critical situations. Hyperstone’s products include microcontrollers for various host interfaces and performance points, e.g. SATA, USB, CF/PATA, SD/microSD and eMMC. Flash controller firmware is supplied complementary to the controllers and customized for each flash and application.
To learn more about Hyperstone, please visit www.hyperstone.com