NXP Unit Reportedly Attracts Chinese Suitors
Dylan McGrath, EETimes
4/11/2016 09:10 AM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO—Chinese firms are among those showing interest in NXP Semiconductors NV’s standard products business, according to a report by the Bloomberg news service.
The report, which cites anonymous sources, says Chinese suitors including invest firm JAC Capital for the unit. NXP may seek at least $2 billion for the standard products business, according to the report.
NXP’s standard products business produces discrete components including diodes, transistors, MOSFETs, ESD protection devices and standard logic chips. Standard products account for roughly 20% of NXP’s total sales.
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|
Search Silicon IP
NXP Hot IP
- NXP Announces Lead Partnership for Arm Ethos-U55 Neural Processing Unit for Machine Learning
- Chinese Firm to Buy NXP Spinoff
- NXP and Chinese Private Equity firm JianGuang Asset Management to Establish Semiconductor Joint Venture
- NXP: 'We Need to Be More Chinese'
- NXP Semiconductors and Datang Telecom to Establish First True Chinese Automotive Semiconductor Company
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India