Accelerated Technology Provides Development Environment for Software/Hardware Customization with the Xtensa Processor
MOBILE, Alabama, September 23, 2002 - Accelerated Technology ®, the Embedded Systems Division of Mentor GraphicsCorporation (Nasdaq: MENT), today announced that system-on-a-chip (SOC) developers now have the code|lab™ Embedded Developer Suite available in a version for the Xtensa® processor from Tensilica®, Inc. Xtensa V developers are now able to customize both their application software and processor hardware within the code|lab development environment.
The Xtensa processor architecture enables SOC developers to uniquely define each processor configuration based on the application requirements. This results in designs that are higher in performance and lower in power and cost, compared to those based on traditional fixed architecture CPUs and DSPs. A key attribute of the Xtensa technology is the automatic configuration of the companion software development tools that has now been extended to code|lab. By using code|lab and the Xtensa processor, SOC developers have a full-featured development environment in which they can simultaneously tune both application software and processor hardware to meet specific speed, power and feature goals.
Accelerated Technology's support for the Xtensa processor initially began with the Nucleus® real-time software. The addition of code|lab further extends the Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) offering to developers building high volume, SOC applications such as datacom and telecom protocol processing, digital cameras, office automation products and wireless communication devices.
"The broad range of development tools now available from Mentor Graphics to support Tensilica's Xtensa core is an excellent complement to the existing support from the Nucleus RTOS," said Robert Day, director of marketing, Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems Division.
"By closely collaborating with Accelerated Technology, we've been able to provide customers with fully automated support of the popular Nucleus RTOS for over two years," stated Larry Przywara, director of strategic alliances, Tensilica, Inc. "Now we are expanding that partnership to provide support for Xtensa designers that want to use the code|lab Developer Suite with its powerful integrated development environment for embedded systems."
Accelerated Technology's code|lab Embedded Developer Suite is a comprehensive set of software and hardware components that works out-of-the-box in a configuration that is customized to meet the stringent combination of requirements for individual product designers. code|lab gives developers a flexible and seamless software and hardware tool suite in which to build their embedded application from start to finish and get it to market quickly.
Support for code|lab products for the Xtensa processor includes code|lab EDE, an embedded development environment, and code|lab Debug, a multitasking debugger.
Pricing and Availability
Available now, the U.S. price per seat for the code|lab Software Developer's Kit starts at $3,495.00 each. Please contact Accelerated Technology (AT) for details about specific targets, connection devices and compiler tools.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world's most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of about $600 million and employs approximately 3,700 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777; Silicon Valley headquarters are located at 1001 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, California 95131-2314. World Wide Web site: www.mentor.com.
Accelerated Technology, the Embedded Systems Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation, is located in Mobile, Alabama with sales offices and distributors worldwide. By providing embedded systems developers with a focus on service, well-documented source code and industry-leading non-royalty-based Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) software, AT's RTOS software shortens time-to-market and provides a complete solution for engineers. For more information, please visit www.acceleratedtechnology.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mentor Graphics, Accelerated Technology and Nucleus are registered trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation. code|lab is a trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
Search Silicon IP
- Tensilica Introduces Industry’s First Integrated Development Environment for Multiple Processor SOC Hardware and Software Design
- Renesas Launches Integrated Development Environment That Enables ECU-Level Automotive Software Development Without Hardware
- Imperas Releases the PowerPC 4xx Range of High-Performance Processor Models with Integrated Software Development Environment
- Imperas Delivers ARM Cortex-A7 MPCore High-Performance Processor Model with Integrated Software Development Environment
- NetLogic Microsystems Announces Availability of Comprehensive XLP multi-core Processor Hardware and Software Development Kit
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|