Synopsys and Lattice Semiconductor Extend Multi-Year OEM Agreement for FPGA Design Software
Synopsys Synplify Pro Software Delivers Superior Logic Synthesis Results for Users of Lattice Semiconductor Programmable Logic Devices
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 27, 2016 -- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced a multi-year extension of its OEM agreement with Lattice Semiconductor Corporation for Synopsys' Synplify Pro® FPGA synthesis tools. With this agreement, Synopsys continues to be the exclusive provider of logic synthesis technology optimized for the highest quality of results, area and runtime for designers targeting Lattice Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLDs).
"The extension of our long-standing relationship with Synopsys gives our customers continued access to a complete, easy-to-use synthesis design flow to implement and validate the rigorous timing and area requirements of next-generation designs," said Choon-Hoe Yeoh, senior director, software quality and strategic partnership at Lattice Semiconductor. "Synopsys' Synplify Pro synthesis software is optimized for the advanced architectural features of Lattice's programmable logic devices, offering designers the customizable and flexible solutions they need to quickly innovate and develop differentiated products for a variety of consumer, communications, industrial, computing and automotive applications."
Synplify Pro enables designers to quickly explore tradeoffs in their FPGA design to meet timing goals and lower overall product cost, while minimizing the FPGA resources required for their design. For Lattice devices, the Synplify Pro software enables designers to achieve up to 3X faster runtime with multiprocessing and meet timing in the smallest area, in addition to providing comprehensive language support. The integration of Synplify Pro into the Lattice Diamond® software environment provides a full design flow that allows designers to deliver differentiated products to market quickly.
"FPGA designs require sophisticated synthesis tools that deliver the best timing results while minimizing logic for smaller, lower-power devices," said John Koeter, vice president of marketing for IP and Prototyping at Synopsys. "By extending our OEM collaboration with Lattice, we continue to provide designers with high-quality FPGA synthesis software needed to develop optimized, cost-effective FPGA designs."
Synplify Pro is integrated with the Lattice Diamond and ispLEVER® design software families and is available now directly from Lattice Semiconductor. For more information on the complete design software environment for Lattice FPGAs, please visit: http://www.latticesemi.com/products/designsoftware/diamond/featurelist.cfm
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP, and is also growing its leadership in software quality and security solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest quality and security, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
Synopsys, Inc. Hot Verification IP
- Synopsys and Lattice Semiconductor Extend Multi-Year FPGA Synthesis OEM Agreement
- Synopsys and Gowin Semiconductor Ink Multi-Year OEM Agreement for FPGA Design Software
- Synopsys and Lattice Renew OEM Relationship for FPGA Synthesis Software
- Sondrel extends multi-year, multi-million dollar EDA license with Synopsys
- Diamond Design Software from Lattice Semiconductor Enables Enhanced Security Features for MachXO3D FPGAs
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|