8 New Modules Give Designers Ability to Focus Development to Achieve Greater Product Differentiation and Faster Time-to-Market
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 11, 2016 -- S2C Inc., a worldwide leader of FPGA-based prototyping solutions for today's innovative designs, announced today the addition of 8 new Prototype Ready interface cards and accessories to its extensive library of over 90 pre-engineered hardware and software components aimed at accelerating the development of SoC prototypes. These new modules enable users to prototype SoC designs with a variety of interfaces and work out-of-box with S2C's comprehensive family of Logic Modules. These pre-engineered solutions enable users to focus on SoC prototype development and product differentiation to gain an edge in today's competitive markets.
"We pride ourselves on giving our users the tools they need to be successful in their prototyping endeavors and to get a jump on their competition," said Toshio Nakama, CEO of S2C. "We are always expanding our comprehensive library of Prodigy interfaces and accessories so that users can feel confident about getting the hardware they need for their specific design requirements."
The newly released Prodigy Prototype Ready Interfaces include:
- SFP + GT Module used for Datacom & Telcom applications providing high transmission speed (10Gbit/s Ethernet application) and small physical size
- SATA GT Module used on SATA HDD applications supports the SATA3.0 standard and provides two SATA hosts and two SATA devices providing data transmission speeds of up to 6Gbit/s
- Processor Peripheral Module used for Processor-based SoC development. The abundant peripherals features (onboard NAND, NOR and SPI Flash for boot code storing, ARM JTAG & ARM ETM Debugger trace for system debugging) allow users to quickly build their verification environment.
- 3 Channel GMII PHY Interface Module that supports the GMII interface and is 10/100/1000 BASE-T IEEE 802.3 compliant
- Prodigy to FMC-LPC Converter Module to convert a Prodigy I/O Connector to a FMC-LPC I/O connector
- Prodigy to FMC-HPC Converter Module that converts two Prodigy I/O Connectors to a FMC-HPC & FMC-LPC I/O connector
- HT3 Prodigy Converter Module that converts a Prodigy I/O Connector to 3 HT3 I/O connectors
- Prodigy Connector Spacer Module to add approximately 17.5mm of height between a Prodigy Socket and a Prodigy Mezzanine Connector
About S2C's 90+ Prodigy Prototype Ready Interfaces and Accessories
S2C provides a large library of over 90 off-the-shelf interfaces and accessories for its Prodigy Logic Modules to further speed up and simplify the system prototyping process. Accessory modules are supplied as daughter boards that plug into the Prodigy Logic Modules, providing pre-tested interfaces and reference design flows for easy bring-up. The library is sectioned into 6 categories for easy reference. The table below summarizes the 6 categories and provides some examples of interfaces and accessories that S2C provides. For a complete listing, please visit the S2C website.
Prototype Ready Categories
Example Interfaces & Accessories
USB, PCIe, PCI, Gigabit-Ethernet, AD/DA, Mictor, D-MAX
High-Speed GTX Peripherals
X4 Gen2 PCIe, SATA, SMA
Zynq Dual Cortex A-9, ARM1176, ARM926
2GB DDR2, 2/2GB DDR3, 2-Channel DDR/DDR2/DDR3, SRAM, No Bus Latency SRAM, 2-Channel NOR Flash, SPI Flash, SD Card
Embedded & Multimedia
HDMI, DVI, Processor Peripheral, TV Encoder, TV Decoder, Audio, VGA, LCD, ARM JTAG, Embedded Peripheral
Expansions & Accessories
Global Clock Management, I/O Level Shifter, Interconnection Boards, Interconnection Cable, Connectors, Connector Spacers, Download Cable
Founded and headquartered in San Jose, California, S2C has been successfully delivering rapid SoC prototyping solutions since 2003. S2C provides:
With over 200 customers and more that 800 systems installed, S2C's focus is on SoC/ASIC development to reduce the SoC design cycle. Our highly qualified engineering team and customer-centric sales force understands our users' SoC development needs. S2C systems have been deployed by leaders in consumer electronics, communications, computing, image processing, data storage, research, defense, education, automotive, medical, design services, and silicon IP. S2C is headquartered in San Jose, CA with offices and distributors around the globe including the UK, Israel, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. For more information, visit www.s2cinc.com.