BrainChip and Cisco Internet of Everything Innovation Center Sign Agreement to Demonstrate the Capabilities of BrainChip's Spiking Neural Adaptive Processor (SNAP) Technology
ALISO VIEJO, CA -- December 2, 2016 -- BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN), ("BrainChip" or "the Company"), a leading developer of software and hardware accelerated solutions for Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications, is pleased to announce that it has signed a collaboration agreement with the Cisco Internet of Everything Innovation Center (CIIC) to develop a series of demonstrations utilizing BrainChip's Spiking Neuron Adaptive Processor (SNAP) technology.
CIIC is an industry and research collaboration center at Curtin University, established by Cisco with foundation partners Curtin University and Woodside Energy Limited. With access to advanced facilities and a global industry network, the CIIC is designed to build and foster innovation in an open environment to solve industry problems.
The first demonstration will showcase traffic monitoring and advanced analysis capabilities that will capitalize on the strength of the SNAP technology.
The SNAP Advantage
BrainChip's SNAP technology can quickly learn, recognize and track complex objects in real time from multiple sources, such as video camera feeds.
The SNAP technology provides users a significant edge in a wide range of applications. Current traffic management systems must collect and store data, which then needs to be analyzed either manually or using an algorithm. This is a multi-stage process. In contrast, SNAP has the ability to perform the analysis on a single chip or circuit board with little instruction, making a SNAP-based solution significantly cheaper and faster to implement and maintain.
Demonstration One: Traffic Modeling and Advanced Analysis
Using SNAP technology, a computing platform connected to cameras placed at key locations on roads, end users can automatically:
- Identify vehicle types
- Count and categorize all vehicles
- Detect pedestrians
- Automatically produce real time traffic reports
The demonstration will include lab and field trials that will demonstrate the benefits of the BrainChip SNAP technology.
Demonstration Two: In-Vehicle Camera Solution
BrainChip is also developing an in-vehicle platform utilizing the SNAP technology, leveraging Cisco's products where applicable, to perform three types of information processing:
- Positioning will use GPS information to record the location and speed of vehicles
- Computer Vision for road sign identification and detection, pedestrian detection, object detection in front of the vehicle and alarm generation to alert the driver
- Data Analytics to create a driving report that will contain locations traveled, speed of the vehicle and objects detected on the journey.
About BrainChip (ASX: BRN)
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. Is a leading provider of software and hardware accelerated solutions for Advanced Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning applications. The Company's Spiking Neural Adaptive Processor (SNAP) learns autonomously with a small sample set and provides real-time information for data analytics in image and video processing applications. The Company provides software and hardware solutions that address the high-performance requirements in Civil Surveillance, Gaming, Facial Recognition and Visual Inspection systems. www.brainchipinc.com.
Search Silicon IP
BrainChip Hot IP
- BrainChip & MosChip to Demonstrate Capabilities of Neural Processor IP & ASICs for Smart Edge Devices at IESA AI Summit
- BrainChip Demonstrates Company's Event-Based AI Neural Processor at Embedded Vision Summit
- BrainChip integrates Akida with Arm Cortex-M85 Processor, Unlocking AI Capabilities for Edge Devices
- BrainChip Tapes Out AKD1500 Chip in GlobalFoundries 22nm FD SOI Process
- VeriSilicon's Neural Network Processor IP Embedded in Over 100 AI Chips
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|