Dolphin Integration Receives Open-Silicon's Award for the Emerging IP Partner of the Year 2016 in the Low Power IoT Ecosystem
Grenoble, France -- January 23, 2017 -- The industry’s focus on battery-powered devices sets new expectations in terms of energy saving for a wide range of applications such as IoT, wearables and wireless MCUs. Meeting the underlying low-power challenge requires a new class of silicon IPs to enable unmatched power consumption figures and new IoT SoC architectures leveraging operating modes with reduced power consumption. In addition, advanced techniques are needed for SoC integration to secure and facilitate physical implementation of power domains.
Dolphin Integration is the first silicon IP vendor to provide a complete offering for minimization of the power consumption of IoT SoCs, both in sleep and active modes. Its consistent low-power and high-density offering covers:
- Foundation IPs – embedded memories and standard cell libraries, some of them being dedicated to the always-on domain,
- Feature IPs – uLP 32 kHz oscillators, wake-up triggers…
- IoT SoC Fabric IPs for:
- safe implementation of power islands,
- robust embedding of the voltage regulation network
- flexible assembly of the associated activity control network
Open-Silicon is a leading provider of turnkey custom SoC design and manufacturing solutions, with a solid track record of successful silicon IP integration from diverse IP vendors. Through this collaboration, Open-Silicon typically sources foundation IPs, possibly with some fabric IPs as well, and the end-customer sources relevant feature IPs and fabric IPs to meet the low-power architectural design challenges. Open-Silicon then performs the SoC integration of the of the whole design, physical design, and delivers fully tested silicon parts to the end-customer.
“Dolphin Integration is a leading silicon IP provider for low-power IoT SoCs. In view of the growing demand for low power consumption in IoT devices, we intend to leverage the unique solutions offered by Dolphin Integration to meet the challenges of our IoT customers,” said Elias Lozano, Sr. Director of Business Development and IP Solutions at Open-Silicon.
As contributors to the TSMC Ecosystem, Open-Silicon and Dolphin Integration are natural partners to answer the growing needs for low-power IoT ASIC architectural innovation and right-on-first-silicon physical implementation.
Dolphin Integration is proud to receive from Open-Silicon the award for the emerging IP Partner of the Year 2016 in the Low Power IoT Ecosystem
“We are proud to receive this award which recognizes our capability to offer true-to-need semiconductor IPs for the low power IoT ecosystem. Our customers have turned their attention to our unique solutions and techniques, proven right-on-first-pass with a demochip at TSMC 55 nm, for reaching the lowest power consumption.”, said Gilles Depeyrot, CEO of Dolphin Integration.
I want more information about Dolphin Integration's offering
Open-Silicon transforms ideas into system-optimized ASIC solutions within the time-to-market parameters desired by customers. The company enhances the value of customers’ products by innovating at every stage of design — architecture, logic, physical, system, software and IP — and then continues to partner to deliver fully tested silicon and platforms. Open-Silicon applies an open business model that enables the company to uniquely choose best-in-industry IP, design methodologies, tools, software, packaging, manufacturing and test capabilities. The company has partnered with over 150 companies ranging from large semiconductor and systems manufacturers to high-profile start-ups, and has successfully completed over 300 designs and shipped over 125 million ASICs to date. Privately held, Open-Silicon employs over 250 people in Silicon Valley and around the world. www.open-silicon.com
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling low-power Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with high-density Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
"Foundation IPs" includes innovative libraries of standard cells, register files and memory generators as well as an ultra-low power cache controller. "Fabric IPs" of voltage regulators, Power Island Construction Kit and their control network MAESTRO enable to safely implement low-power SoCs with the smallest silicon area. They also star the "Feature IP": from ultra-low power Voice Activity Detector with high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized 8 or 16 and 32 bit micro-controllers.
Over 30 years of experience in silicon IP components make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop addressing all customers' needs for low-power and multimedia IP requests.
It is not just one more supplier of Technology, but the provider of the Dolphin Integration know-how!
Search Silicon IP
Dolphin Design Hot IP
- Dolphin Integration receives TSMC's Open Innovation Platform 2015 Partner of the Year Award for Specialty IP
- Dolphin Integration receives TSMC's Open Innovation Platform 2014 Partner of the Year Award for Specialty IP
- Open-Silicon Receives TSMC OIP Ecosystem Forum Customers' Choice Award for Best Paper
- GreenWaves Technologies Selects Dolphin Integration's low power virtual components for the industry's first IoT processor
- M31 Receives TSMC's 2016 Partner of the Year Award for Specialty Technology IP
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|