Inside Secure delivers Application Protection to defend against malicious attacks on Android Java devices
Core for Android Java enables trusted and secure applications
Aix-en-Provence, France, March 21, 2017 – Inside Secure (Euronext Paris: INSD), at the heart of security solutions for mobile and connected devices, today announced that it has released its Core security technology specifically for Android applications. Core for Android brings an unprecedented level of security capability in the Android environment by, for the first time, building a deep integrity network inside the applications. As a result, developers can create innovative applications confident that consumers can now more securely and safely make transactions managing sensitive personal data and informatio n on their Android devices.
While Inside Secure’s patented Core technology has protected applications for many years, Core for Android brings enhancements designed specifically to address inherent vulnerabilities in Android Java apps, providing a measurable increase in the level of protection that Inside Secure, and the wider industry, can provide for Android applications. This is critical in order to deliver secure and trusted services in banking, mobile payments, content protection and global enterprise.
Core for Android has been independently tested and found to bring significant advances in security for Android applications with a very strong set of essential controls against code tampering along with hardening mechanisms against reverse engineering analysis. Specifically, the runtime code integrity detection technique and the applied code obfuscation are considered very strong and among the industry’s best.
“Securin g personal and financial consumer data in the Android environment has been a significant problem, especially for sensitive applications such as mobile banking and insurance,” said Andrew McLennan, president of Inside Secure’s Content and Application Protection business unit. “With Inside Secure’s Core for Android, we have created an innovative and tested solution that creates an integrity network inside Android applications. We are excited to offer this level of protection to our customers developing applications on Android.”
Traditionally, to secure Android applications, the code processing sensitive data and algorithms had to be developed in C/C++ using Android’s Native Development Kit (NDK). This enabled it to be protected with strong integrity and obfuscation technologies. However, the vast majority of Android applications today are written in Java. Legacy and free-to-use solutions to “secure” Java apps focus on obfuscation techniques. Unfortun ately, these cannot detect malicious changes to the code as it runs. Hackers can easily intercept the running code, making applications more vulnerable to attack, code alteration and reverse engineering. Hackers have exploited these vulnerabilities in many attacks seen in recent months.
About Inside Secure
Inside Secure (Euronext Paris – INSD) is at the heart of security solutions for mobile and connected devices, providing software, silicon IP, tools and know-how needed to protect customers’ transactions, content, applications, and communications. With its deep security expertise and experience, the company delivers products having advanced and differentiated technical capabilities that span the entire range of security requirement levels to serve the demanding markets of network security, IoT security, content & application protection, mobile payment & banking. Inside Secure’s technology protects solutions for a bro ad range of customers including service providers, content distributors, security system integrators, device makers and semiconductor manufacturers. For more information, visit www.Insidesecure.com
Search Silicon IP
- The Qt Company and Inside Secure to Offer Joint Integrated Solutions for Creating Secure IoT and Embedded Devices
- INSIDE Secure to deliver advanced DRM technology for protection of premium content on Intel-based mobile devices running Android
- KEPCO Partners with Inside Secure to Further Bolster Protection for Latest Chips Used in IoT Devices
- Inside Secure Protects New Interactive Video Application Developed by PodOp and HBO
- Inside Secure Delivers Next-generation Content Protection Solutions Extending Leadership in Device Coverage and Early-window Premium Video
- We don't compete with our customers - TSMC
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Imagination launches IMG CXM, the smallest GPU to bring effortless user interfaces into homes
- PCI-SIG Certifies VectorPath Accelerator Card for PCIe Gen5 x16 @ 32 GT/s
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|