SAN JOSE, Calif., April 26, 2017 -- Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) today announced March quarter and fiscal 2017 results. Sales increased 4% to $609 million in the March quarter, representing the sixth consecutive quarter of sales increase for the Company. March quarter net income was $153 million, or $0.57 per diluted share. Fiscal 2017 sales were $2.35 billion, up 6% from the prior fiscal year. Fiscal 2017 net income was $623 million, or $2.32 per diluted share.
The Xilinx Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.35 per outstanding share of common stock, an increase from the current dividend of $0.33 per share. The quarterly dividend increase will be effective in the June quarter, payable on June 1, 2017 to all stockholders of record at the close of business on May 16, 2017.
Additional March quarter comparisons are represented in the charts below:
(In millions, except EPS)
"In the March quarter, we achieved a major milestone when sales from our 28nm product family significantly surpassed $200 million, setting a PLD industry record," said Moshe Gavrielov, Xilinx President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our newest products, manufactured on the 20nm and 16nm nodes, experienced similar success during the quarter. Our 20nm products generated $60 million in sales driven by a broad base of applications. At the 16nm node, we are now shipping 14 unique products to more than 450 customers. Our execution at the 28nm, 20nm and 16nm technology nodes has enabled our '3-peat' leadership over the competition."
Net Revenues by Geography:
Net Revenues by End Market:
Net Revenues by Product:
Products are classified as follows:
- Advanced products: UltraScale+,Ultrascale and 7-series products.
- Core products: Virtex-6, Spartan-6, Virtex‐5, CoolRunner‐II, Virtex-4, Virtex-II, Spartan-3, Spartan-2, XC9500 products, configuration solutions, software & support/Services.
(Dollars in millions)
*Return on equity calculation: Annualized net income/average stockholders' equity
Product and Financial Highlights
- Xilinx's 28nm product family significantly surpassed $200 million in sales during the March quarter, setting a PLD industry record. Introduced in 2011, the 28nm node is the broadest product family ever offered by Xilinx with innovative new products such as Zynq SoCs and 3D ICs. As a result, this node is driving success across multi-markets as well as a much longer and more profitable sales ramp than any product in Xilinx's history.
- Xilinx and Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced the General Availability of Virtex UltraScale+ FPGAs in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud F1 instances. F1 provides programmable hardware acceleration with FPGAs and enables users to optimize their compute resources for the unique requirements of their workloads. F1 instances will be used to solve complex science, engineering and business problems that require high bandwidth, enhanced networking and very high compute capabilities.
- The PLD Industry's most successful All Programmable SoC, Xilinx's Zynq family, surpassed 10% of sales in the recently ended March quarter, achieving a new record. Sales for these devices are being driven by a broad base of applications including Advanced Driver Assist, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial and Communications.
- Xilinx recently announced a major expansion of the 16nm portfolio with our All Programmable RF SoC product family, a disruptive integration and architectural breakthrough for 5G wireless with RF class analog technology. This family provides a 50-75% power and footprint reduction for 5G, cable and wireless backhaul applications.
- Xilinx recently introduced the reVISION stack, enabling design teams without deep hardware expertise to more easily combine machine learning and computer vision algorithms into highly responsive systems. This software stack is intended to enable new applications such as collaborative robots, drones, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles, automated surveillance and medical diagnostics.
- Xilinx recently increased its quarterly dividend by $0.02 per share to $0.35 per share, effective in the June quarter of fiscal 2018, marking its 12th consecutive year of dividend increases. During fiscal 2017, Xilinx generated $934 million in operating cash flow, paid its shareholders a record $333 million in dividends and repurchased 9.8 million shares for $522 million.
Business Outlook - June Quarter Fiscal 2018
- Sales are expected to be approximately $600 million to $630 million.
- Gross margin is expected to be 68% to 70%.
- Operating expenses are expected to be approximately $242 million including $1 million of amortization of acquisition-related intangibles.
- Other income is expected to be approximately $1 million.
- June quarter tax rate is expected to be approximately 12-15%.
A conference call will be held today at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time to discuss the March quarter financial results and management's outlook for the June quarter. The webcast and subsequent replay will be available in the investor relations section of the Company's web site at www.investor.xilinx.com. A telephonic replay of the call may be accessed later in the day by calling (855) 859-2056 and referencing confirmation code 73811483. The telephonic replay will be available for two weeks following the live call.
To read financial tables, click here
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs, and 3D ICs. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software defined and hardware optimized - powering industry advancements in Cloud Computing, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT, and 5G Wireless. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.