Rambus and Northwest Logic Certify Interoperability of HBM2 Interface Solution for High-performance Networking and Data Center Applications
Integrated HBM2 PHY and Memory Controller provide validated, standards-compliant memory subsystem with superior signal integrity and reliability
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – Aug. 29, 2017 – Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS), an innovator in semiconductor and IP products, today announced validated interoperability between its HBM2 PHY and Northwest Logics’ HBM2 Memory Controller Core. The solution builds on the growing ecosystem of Rambus partner products that interoperate with its latest HBM2 PHY IP core. The combined HBM2 solution is designed to support high-performance networking and server applications in the data center and communications markets that require the maximum amount of bandwidth available through HBM2.
“Our work with Northwest Logic gives Rambus the functionality to provide a verified solution that reduces the engineering workload and time to market for chip designers” said Luc Seraphin, senior vice president and general manager of the Rambus Memory and Interfaces Division. “As Rambus extends its footprint in PHY support for leading-edge technologies, collaborative interoperability is essential for our end customers that demand early adoption. Memory interfaces are increasingly important in today’s new workloads, and the combination of Rambus HBM2 and Northwest Logic’ HBM2 Memory Controller core is a natural fit to support customer demands on both sides.”
The Northwest Logic HBM2 Memory Controller Cores are optimized for use in both ASICs and FPGAs, and support full-rate, half-rate and quarter-rate operations. The cores provide a solution that can be configured to exact customer requirements, are silicon-proven and are verified with the Rambus HBM2 PHY.
“Our HBM2 Memory Controller Core has been successfully deployed in a wide variety of customer systems demonstrating high reliability and performance,” said Brian Daellenbach, president of Northwest Logic. “We are excited to offer a complete HBM2 solution with Rambus ensuring our customers achieve the best possible combined memory solution for their high data demands.”
The Rambus HBM2 PHY and Northwest Logic HBM2 Memory Controller are each fully JEDEC compliant to the HBM2 standard, allowing the PHY and memory controller to interoperate. The Rambus HBM2 PHY is a high-performance memory IP core that features reduced power consumption and a small form factor. It combines 2.5D packaging with a wider interface at a lower clock speed, delivering higher efficiency and lower power consumption compared to other memory solutions on the market. For additional information on Rambus HBM2 PHY solutions, please visit https://www.rambus.com/memory-and-interfaces/ddrn-phys/hbm/
About Rambus Memory and Interfaces Division
The Rambus Memory and Interfaces Division develops products and services that solve the power, performance, and capacity challenges of the communications and data center computing markets. Rambus enhanced standards-compatible and custom memory and serial link solutions include chips, architectures, memory and SerDes interfaces, IP validation tools, and system and IC design services. Developed through our system-aware design methodology, Rambus products deliver improved time-to-market and first-time-right quality.
About Rambus Inc.
Rambus creates innovative hardware and software technologies, driving advancements from the data center to the mobile edge. Our chips, customizable IP cores, architecture licenses, tools, software, services, training and innovations improve the competitive advantage of our customers. We collaborate with the industry, partnering with leading ASIC and SoC designers, foundries, IP developers, EDA companies and validation labs. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems, powering and securing diverse applications, including Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile payments, and smart ticketing. At Rambus, we are makers of better. For more information, visit rambus.com.
Search Silicon IP
Rambus Inc. Hot IP
- Rambus Delivers PCIe 6.0 Interface Subsystem for High-Performance Data Center and AI SoCs
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Demonstrates 2.5D High-Bandwidth Memory Solution for Data Center, Networking, and Cloud Applications
- Rambus and Northwest Logic Certify Interoperability of DDR4/3 PHY and Controller
- S2C Offers Northwest Logic's High-Performance Memory Interface IP in China
- Rambus to Acquire AnalogX, Accelerating Next-Generation Data Center Interface Solutions
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
- NVIDIA Collaborates With SoftBank Corp. to Power SoftBank's Next-Gen Data Centers Using Grace Hopper Superchip for Generative AI and 5G/6G
- UltraRISC Selects Valtrix STING for Verification of RISC-V SoC Designs
- The game-changing addition of intoPIX JPEG XS codec by Providius heralds a new era of IP media analysis
- Xiphera extends its Transport Layer Security product family
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- MIPS Leverages Siemens' Veloce proFPGA platform to Implement and Make Available Capabilities of its New High-Performance eVocore P8700 RISC-V Multiprocessor
- New Arm Total Compute Solutions enable a mobile future built on Arm
- U.S. Government Accredits GlobalFoundries to Manufacture Trusted Semiconductors at New York Facility
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|