Xilinx Software Defined Development Environment for Data Center Acceleration Now Available on Amazon Web Services
Software developers less familiar with FPGAs can now accelerate applications at cloud scale
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Sept. 13, 2017 -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced that its software defined development environment, SDAccel™, is now available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for use with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) F1 instances. Amazon EC2 F1 instances provide reconfigurable, custom-hardware acceleration with 16nm Virtex® UltraScale+™ FPGAs enabling customers to meet the demands of compute-intensive workloads like data analytics, video processing and machine learning.
With the availability of the SDAccel Development Environment for Amazon EC2 F1 instances, software developers less familiar with FPGAs can now get up to 50x better performance for their workloads. SDAccel automates the acceleration of software application written in C, C++ or OpenCL by building application-specific FPGA kernels for Amazon EC2 F1. SDAccel also supports traditional hardware designers writing optimized accelerators in lower-level hardware description languages such as VHDL Verilog.
SDAccel is accessible through the AWS FPGA developer AMI which allows developers to quickly build applications on the cloud, without requiring the purchase or installation of any software or hardware. Developers can then deploy and elastically scale their application to meet any customer demand using the full breadth of AWS services.
Visit Xilinx for more information on the SDAccel Development Environment and Xilinx FPGAs.
Xilinx is a leading provider of All Programmable semiconductor products, including FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs, RFSoCs, and 3D ICs. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software defined and hardware optimized – powering industry advancements in Cloud Computing, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, and Industrial IoT. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Search Silicon IP
Xilinx, Inc. Hot IP
- New Release of the SDAccel Development Environment Accelerates Data Center Applications with Expanded Ecosystem of Platforms, Libraries, and Design Services
- Xilinx Announces SDAccel Development Environment for OpenCL, C, and C++, Delivering Up to 25X Better Performance/Watt to the Data Center
- Cadence Achieves Amazon Web Services Industrial Software Competency Status for Its Cloud-Hosted Design Solution
- Xilinx Extends SDSoC Development Environment, Enabling Software Defined Programming of the 16nm Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC
- Xilinx SDAccel and SDNet Software Defined Development Environments Earn Lightwave Innovation Award Distinctions
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|