SiFive Welcomes Former Intel Corporate VP to Executive Team
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- Jan. 22, 2018 -- SiFive, the leading provider of commercial RISC-V processor IP, today announced the appointment of Sunil Shenoy as vice president of hardware engineering. The news follows SiFive's momentous expansion last quarter with its strategic partnerships, launch of the first Linux-capable RISC-V core and growth of the DesignShare program.
"SiFive is leading the disruption of the semiconductor industry with effective implementation of the RISC-V instruction set architecture," said Shenoy. "I'm thrilled to be a part of this revolution, leading the charge on a new architecture and changing the way the industry does hardware design."
| RISC-V Processor - RV12 - 32/64 bit, Single Core CPU |
Compact Implementation of the RISC-V RV32IMC ISA
Shenoy brings more than 30 years of technology experience to SiFive, holding 16 patents in microprocessor design, and working on or leading notable projects including the Intel PentiumTM 4 generation of microprocessors, highly integrated multi-core Intel XeonTM microprocessors for datacenter and enterprise servers,and the family of massively parallel Intel Xeon PhiTM microprocessors. During his time at Intel, Shenoy led silicon development teams consisting of several thousand engineers across the world, helping to bring products successfully to market. He also drove collaborative programs with major EDA vendors. Sunil was promoted to Corporate VP at Intel in 2010. In 2013 he joined the Intel management committee reporting to the CEO.
"We're excited to bring in Sunil to help SiFive support the growth of RISC-V and meet rising demands of the industry," said Naveed Sherwani, SiFive CEO. "His experience in leading large processor design teams that generated multiple market-leading products will help us advance SiFive's Core IP and processors for expanding market segments, and expand our position in the marketplace."
Sunil has a master's degree in computer engineering from Syracuse University, a master's degree in business administration from University of Oregon and recently has completed extensive graduate studies in computer science.
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Founded by RISC-V inventors Andrew Waterman, Yunsup Lee and Krste Asanovic, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors. SiFive is located in Silicon Valley and has venture backing from Sutter Hill Ventures, Spark Capital and Osage University Partners. For more information, visit www.sifive.com.
Search Silicon IP
- SiFive Welcomes Former Intel Capital VP to Executive Team
- SiFive Welcomes Former Tesla Executive to Lead Global Growth Strategy
- Codasip Welcomes Jerry Ardizzone to Executive Team as Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- Open SystemC Initiative Welcomes Intel as Corporate Member
- Cadence Design Systems Names Michael J. Fister, Former Top Intel Executive, as President and CEO
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|