Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – February 13, 2018 – The TSMC (NYSE: TSM) Board of Directors today adopted a proposal recommending distribution of a NT$8 cash dividend per common share. The proposal is scheduled to be discussed and decided at the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in the morning of June 5, 2018.
TSMC’s Spokesperson and Senior Vice President, Ms. Lora Ho, said that at its meeting today the Board of Directors:
1. Approved the 2017 Business Report and Financial Statements. Consolidated revenue totaled NT$977.45 billion and net income was NT$343.11 billion, with diluted earnings per share of NT$13.23.
2. Proposed the distribution of a cash dividend of NT$8 per common share and submitted the proposal for approval by the 2018 AGM. The Board of Directors also approved distribution of employees’ cash bonus and profit sharing bonus totaling approximately NT$46,038.16 million. This includes cash bonus of NT$23,019.08 million distributed following each quarter of 2017 and profit sharing bonus of NT$23,019.08 million to be distributed in July 2018.
3. Approved capital appropriation of approximately US$2,834 million for purposes including: 1) Installation, upgrading and expanding advanced technology capacity; 2) Conversion of logic capacity to specialty technology; 3) Second quarter 2018 R&D capital investments and sustaining capital expenditures.
4. Approved the convening of the 2018 AGM for 9:00 a.m. on June 5, 2018 at TSMC’s Fab 12A headquarters (No. 8, Li-Hsin Rd. 6, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan), at which shareholders will hold an election for TSMC’s nine-member Board of Directors, including five independent directors.
5. Approved the following personnel promotions:
- Promoted Operations Organization’s Senior Fab Director of Fab 12B and TSMC Fellow Dr. T.S. Chang to Vice President
- Promoted R&D Organization’s Senior Director of N3 Platform Development Division Dr. Michael Wu to Vice President
- Promoted R&D Organization’s Senior Director of Pathfinding Division Dr. Min Cao to Vice President
6. In gratitude to Dr. Morris Chang, conferred on Dr. Chang the title of “Founder” beginning June 5, 2018.