AMIQ EDA Announces its Design and Verification Tools Eclipse IDE Supports Cadence Perspec System Verifier using System Level Notation
Enables portable stimulus creation for Cadence Perspec System Verifier and is architected for the Accellera Portable Stimulus Standard Syntax
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 26, 2018 -- AMIQ EDA, a pioneer in integrated development environments (IDEs) for hardware design and verification and a provider of platform-independent software tools for efficient code development and analysis, today announced its Design and Verification Tools (DVT) Eclipse IDE supports the System-Level Notation (SLN) portable stimulus syntax developed by Cadence® Design Systems, Inc. for its Perspec™ System Verifier system-on-chip (SoC) verification solution. The similarities between SLN and the widely reviewed drafts of the Accellera Portable Stimulus specification enabled AMIQ to more easily develop DVT Eclipse IDE portable stimulus support.
The Portable Stimulus Standard provides a standard way to specify intent and behavior that is reusable across target platforms, including simulation, emulation and silicon. SLN and the portable stimulus capabilities within the Cadence Perspec System Verifier have enabled customers to perform successful pre-and post-silicon verification of complex SoC designs. With SLN support in DVT Eclipse IDE, verification engineers can develop more robust portable stimulus descriptions in much less time.
When writing SLN in DVT Eclipse IDE, designers now have instant access to compilation and error detection with quick-fix proposals, hyperlinks to jump to declarations and usages, context-sensitive auto-completion of SLN constructs, structural views for browsing type and component hierarchies, project database queries, diagrams, rename refactoring and source code formatting.
"Engineers writing SLN now have the same benefits as users of other languages that DVT Eclipse IDE supports, including SystemVerilog, VHDL, e and C/C++," said Cristian Amitroaie, CEO of AMIQ EDA. "With portable stimulus on a steep adoption curve, the market needed a solution that offers users a significant predictability and productivity enhancement."
Both AMIQ EDA and Cadence are active members of the Portable Stimulus Working Group within the Accellera Systems Initiative. The group is defining a Portable Stimulus Standard for the specification of portable stimulus models and scenarios. Both Cadence and AMIQ EDA have pledged support for the forthcoming standard.
"The ever-growing verification complexity of modern SoC designs is creating an opportunity for system-level testing environments to integrate portable stimulus-driven technologies, such as the Perspec System Verifier" said Michal Siwinski, vice president, product engineering and management in the System & Verification Group at Cadence. "The collaboration between AMIQ and Cadence to enable effective use of the Perspec System Verifier with DVT Eclipse IDE should enable our mutual customers to accelerate effective SoC innovation."
Availability and Pricing
Support for SLN is available today via DVT Eclipse IDE. Demonstrations and more information will be available at DVCon US 2018, February 26-28, in San Jose, Calif. AMIQ EDA will exhibit in Booth #405 and will showcase all its products: DVT Eclipse IDE, DVT Debugger, Verissimo SystemVerilog Testbench Linter and Specador Documentation Generator.
Pricing is available upon request.
About AMIQ EDA
AMIQ EDA provides design and verification engineers with platform-independent software tools that enable them to increase the speed and quality of new code development, simplify debugging and legacy code maintenance, accelerate language and methodology learning, improve testbench reliability, extract automatically accurate documentation, and implement best coding practices. Its solutions, DVT Eclipse IDE, DVT Debugger, Verissimo SystemVerilog Testbench Linter, and Specador Documentation Generator have been adopted worldwide. AMIQ strives to deliver high quality solutions and customer service responsiveness. For more information about AMIQ EDA and its solutions, visit www.amiq.com and www.dvteclipse.com.
Search Silicon IP
- AMIQ EDA Announces its Design and Verification Tools Eclipse IDE Supports First Release of Accellera Portable Test and Stimulus Standard (PSS)
- Cadence Perspec System Verifier Supports New Accellera Portable Test and Stimulus Specification 1.0
- Cadence Perspec System Verifier Delivers Up to 10X Productivity Improvement in System-on-Chip Verification
- Cadence Brings Verification IP to the Chip Level with New System VIP Solution
- Renesas Accelerates IoT Design Using the Cadence Perspec System Verifier
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|