High performance dual-issue, out-of-order, 7-stage pipeline superscalar core
ISSCC 2019: eSilicon to present a paper and demonstrate 7nm 56G DSP SerDes operation over a five-meter cable assembly
February 12, 2019, San Jose, Calif.
eSilicon, a leading provider of FinFET-class ASICs, market-specific IP platforms and advanced 2.5D packaging solutions, is presenting a paper at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) and is demonstrating eSilicon’s 7nm 56G full-DSP SerDes over a five-meter Samtec cable assembly.
Paper Presentation and Live Demonstration:
A Sub-250mW 1-to-56Gb/s Continuous-Range PAM-4 42.5dB IL ADC/DAC-Based Transceiver in 7nm FinFET
eSilicon will show a low-power, long-reach DSP SerDes operating continuously over 1-56 Gb/s. The ADC/DAC-based transceiver is capable of equalizing channels with more than 42 dB of insertion loss, achieving a power efficiency of 4.34 pJ/bit. The demo session will show system operation at 53.125 Gb/s PAM-4 with a BER better than 10-10 over a 5m cable provided by Samtec, which provides an overall insertion loss of 35.2 dB bump-to-bump.
The paper and demonstration will be presented by Matteo Pisati, senior manager, analog IC design; Paolo Pascale, senior manager SerDes digital; and Fernando De Bernardinis, senior system and algorithm manager. Additional authors include Claudio Nani, Marco Sosio, Enrico Pozzati, Nicola Ghittori, Federico Magni, Marco Garampazzi, Giacomino Bollati, Antonio Milani, Alberto Minuti, Fabio Giunco, Paola Uggetti, Ivan Fabiano, Nicola Codega, Alessandro Bosi, Nicola Carta, Demetrio Pellicone, Giorgio Spelgatti, Massimo Cutrupi, Andrea Rossini, Roberto Massolini, Giovanni Cesura, and Ivan Bietti, all of eSilicon Italy in Pavia, Italy.
When & Where:
Monday, February 18, 2019
2:30-3:00 PM paper presentation, Session 6.3
5:00-7:00 PM demonstration
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
ISSCC is the foremost global forum for presentation of advances in solid-state circuits and systems-on-a-chip. The Conference offers a unique opportunity for engineers working at the cutting edge of IC design and application to maintain technical currency, and to network with leading experts. February 17-21, 2019, San Francisco, California.
eSilicon provides complex FinFET ASICs, market-specific IP platforms and advanced 2.5D packaging solutions. Our ASIC-proven, differentiating IP includes highly configurable 7nm 56G/112G SerDes plus networking-optimized 16/14/7nm FinFET IP platforms featuring HBM2 PHY, TCAM, specialized memory compilers and I/O libraries. Our neuASIC™ platform provides AI-specific IP and a modular design methodology to create adaptable, highly efficient AI ASICs. eSilicon serves the high-bandwidth networking, high-performance computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G infrastructure markets. www.esilicon.com
Search Silicon IP
- Linley Spring Processor Conference 2019: eSilicon to demonstrate 7nm DSP SerDes over a 5-meter cable assembly and present on IP platforms
- OFC 2019: eSilicon to demonstrate two 7nm IP products, 56G DSP SerDes over a 5-meter Samtec cable assembly and a complete HBM2 PHY subsystem
- DesignCon 2019: eSilicon to demonstrate 7nm 56G DSP SerDes over 5-meter Samtec cable assembly
- OCP 2019: eSilicon to demonstrate 56G DSP SerDes over a 5-meter cable assembly in Samtec booth
- ECOC 2019: eSilicon to Demonstrate 7nm 58G DSP-Based SerDes Over Seven-Meter and Three-Meter Samtec Cable Assemblies
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|