Rambus Signs Agreement to Acquire Silicon IP and Secure Protocols Business from Verimatrix
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – Sep. 11, 2019 – Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS), a premier silicon IP and chip provider making data faster and safer, today announced it has signed an asset purchase agreement to acquire the Silicon IP and Secure Protocols business of Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX), formerly Inside Secure, for $65 million in cash. With the proposed acquisition, the world-class embedded security teams, products and expertise from Verimatrix and Rambus will combine to create the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of silicon-proven security IP and chip provisioning solutions.
As previously announced, the parties have entered into an exclusivity agreement with respect to the proposed transaction as of September 3, 2019. This acquisition is expected to close this year and is subject to customary closing conditions, including certain regulatory approvals.
Search Silicon IP
Rambus Inc. Hot IP
- Rambus to Acquire Silicon IP and Secure Protocols Business From Verimatrix, Creating Global Authority in Semiconductor Security IP
- Rambus Completes Acquisition of the Verimatrix Silicon IP, Secure Protocols and Provisioning Business
- Verimatrix signs a binding agreement to sell its Silicon IP business unit to Rambus
- Verimatrix Enters into Exclusivity Agreement to Sell its Silicon IP Business Unit to Rambus
- Inside Secure Enters into an Exclusive Agreement to Acquire Verimatrix, Inc. Creating a Software-based Security Powerhouse
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|