Already production-proven, ISO26262 Certification now ensures designers that the CAN Controller Core is ready for use in ASIL-B safety critical systems
Woodcliff Lake, NJ — September 20, 2019 — Semiconductor intellectual property (IP) provider CAST, Inc. today announced that its CAN 2.0 and CAN FD Bus Controller IP Core is certified as ISO 26262 ASIL-B ready. The company believes this is the first such CAN IP core to receive ISO 26262 certification.
This means that automotive systems engineers can choose CAST’s CAN IP core with even greater confidence of a quick and reliable path from design to silicon, knowing that:
- The IP is ready to incorporate in safety compliant ASIL-B and -A systems, and
- This IP was the first to market, has undergone interoperability testing at numerous industry plug fests, and has been successfully deployed by over 100 CAST customers.
The CAN-CTRL CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core is competitively featured and technically robust. It offers:
- Broad specification support, including CAN 2.0 and CAN FD (ISO 11898-1.2015, plus earlier ISO and Bosch specifications) and TTCAN (ISO 11898-4 level 1);
- Optimization for AUTOSAR and SAE J1939;
- Lower host overhead via flexible message buffering and received message filtering;
- Greater capability through included enhanced features such as better error handling and a listen-only mode;
- Easy system integration and broad PHY compatibility; and
- A safety-enhanced version with the ISO 26262 certification and error-correcting code (ECC) for memory.
The core is sourced from partner Fraunhofer IPMS (www.ipms.fraunhofer.de). It ships with complete deliverables, including (for the safety-enhanced version) the ISO 26262 ASIL-B Ready certificate issued by SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH. CAN Verification IP from Avery Design Systems is an option—a thirty-day license is included free—and CAN reference design boards are available for easy evaluation or a system design head start.
The CAN core is part of CAST’s Automotive Interfaces Family of silicon IP cores, which also includes bus controllers for the LIN and SENT protocols, and a growing line of Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) Ethernet IP.
These are in turn part of CAST’s broader IP portfolio, including 32- and 8-bit processors; hardware compression/decompression engines for data, images, and video; numerous interfaces and peripherals, and a comprehensive SoC security solution.
Learn more about the ISO-260262 CAN core certification and CAST’s complete line of IP by visiting www.cast-inc.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , or calling +1 202.891.8300.