DMP adopted for NEDO project of "Survey of issues for finding ideas regarding Technology Development for AI Chip and Next-generation Computing for High-efficiency and High-speed Processing"
October 31, 2019 -- Digital Media Professionals Inc. (Headquarters: Nakano-ku, Tokyo, President & CEO: Tatsuo Yamamoto, hereinafter referred to as “DMP”) is adopted for the commissioned project “Technology Development for AI Chip and Next-generation Computing for High-efficiency and High-speed Processing - Survey of issues for finding ideas regarding Technology Development for AI Chip and Next-generation Computing for High-efficiency and High-speed Processing” (hereinafter referred to as the “Survey”) led by the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (Headquarters: Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki City, Chairman:Hiroaki Ishizuka, hereinafter referred to as “NEDO”).
In the field of computing technology such as AI, technological innovation is progressing with head-spinning speed and new ideas have been born one after another all over the world. The Survey is intended to find and research new ideas and talents through the operation of the “AI Edge Contests” in which engineers, researchers, students, etc., not only in Japan but also throughout the world challenge.
DMP believes that the role of edge AI technology is very important in solving social issues such as population decline and accompanying birthrate decline and aging, and in realizing a safe and secure society and will continue to contribute to development/enhancement of talents and discovery of ideas.
Summary of the Survey
The Survey is conducted jointly with SIGNATE Inc., which owns the competition website “SIGNATE” with the largest member base (22,000) in Japan and conducts AI technology idea competitions for companies and governments. In response to the results of the first AI Edge Contest (algorithm contest)* conducted last year, operation and implementation of multiple AI Edge Contests (implementation contests and algorithm contests), data acquisition and addition of datasets for AI Edge Contests, and investigation and analysis of ideas/issues are to be carried out. DMP, by leveraging its strength of having a consistent development system for AI algorithms, software, and hardware, mainly holds and operates AI implementation contests on edge devices (installing AI algorithms in FPGAs, etc.), establishes dataset and takes charge of researching and analyzing collected ideas and summarizing effects and issues for finding ideas (in collaboration with SIGNATE Inc.).
* Please refer to the following link for the first AI Edge Contest.
Period of the Survey
August 2019-February 2021
About Digital Media Professionals Inc. (DMP)
DMP is an R&D-type fabless semiconductor vendor that deploys licensing business of hardware IPs and software IPs based on proprietary 2D/3D graphics technology for embedded devices, as well as graphics LSI business that incorporates these IPs. In recent years, in order to become the world's leading “AI Computing Company” in the AI field, DMP provides solutions through a broad portfolio including AI processor IPs, hardware/ software products and services, and AI ecosystem established by its own.
Search Silicon IP
DMP Inc. Hot IP
- Foxconn Partners with Socionext and Hailo to Launch Next-Generation AI Processing Solution for Video Analytics at the "Edge"
- Toshiba Develops New 8-Bit Core With High-Speed Processing And Large-Capacity Address Space For Next-Generation Microcontrollers
- Ferroelectric Memory GmbH (FMC) Raises $20 Million to Accelerate Next-Generation Memory for AI, IoT, Edge Computing, and Data Center Applications
- ArchiTek Select SiFive and DTS-Insight To Enable Next-Generation AI Solution Development
- Synopsys, Arm, and Samsung Foundry Enable Accelerated Development of Next-Generation Arm "Hercules" Processor on 5LPE Process
- We don't compete with our customers - TSMC
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Imagination launches IMG CXM, the smallest GPU to bring effortless user interfaces into homes
- PCI-SIG Certifies VectorPath Accelerator Card for PCIe Gen5 x16 @ 32 GT/s
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|