Industry Veteran Randy Allen Joins SiFive as Vice President of RISC-V Software
SiFive’s new hire brings unparalleled experience in vectorization
SAN MATEO, Calif. - Dec 11, 2019 - SiFive, Inc., the leading provider of commercial RISC-V processor IP and silicon solutions, today announced that Randy Allen has joined the company as vice president of RISC-V software. Dr. Allen will be responsible for developing and implementing RISC-V software strategy for SiFive.
“I met the SiFive founders while teaching at Berkeley some years ago,” said Allen. “It was clear even then that RISC-V and SiFive were going to be special, once-in-a-lifetime events. I’m excited to join the SiFive team and spearhead software strategy for this revolutionary technology.”
Allen brings more than 30 years of industry experience and, most recently, served as vice president of software engineering at Wave Computing. He has also served in leadership roles at tech companies such as Mentor Graphics, National Instruments and Cypress Semiconductor.
“Randy’s expertise in everything from embedded software design and development to high performance computing makes him an obvious choice for the role,” said Dr. Naveed Sherwani, president and CEO of SiFive. “His skill in the development of vectorizing and parallelizing compilers is world-class and will be instrumental in the future of SiFive.”
Allen earned an artium baccalaureus degree in Chemistry from Harvard University and a PhD in Mathematical Sciences from Rice University. Today, at the RISC-V Summit, Randy Allen will deliver the current state of the union of RISC-V software at 12:50 p.m. PST at the San Jose Convention Center in Grand Ballroom 220-C.
SiFive is a Ruby sponsor of the RISC-V Summit 2019, and is participating in more than a dozen presentations over the three days of the public conference. Attendees can visit the SiFive booth to discover more about the latest IP, products, partnerships, and a chance to meet with the inventors of RISC-V.
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors. With 15 offices worldwide, SiFive has backing from Sutter Hill Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Spark Capital, Osage University Partners, Chengwei, Huami, SK Hynix, Intel Capital, and Western Digital. For more information, www.sifive.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Intel Veteran Joins Denali as Vice President of Embedded Software
- Hex Five Security Adds MultiZone Trusted Execution Environment to the SiFive Software Ecosystem
- Rambus Announces New Senior Vice President of Global Market Development
- Microsemi and SiFive Launch HiFive Unleashed Expansion Board, Enabling Linux Software and Firmware Developers to Build RISC-V PCs for the First Time
- SiFive Joins Microsemi's New Mi-V Ecosystem to Accelerate Adoption of RISC-V Open Instruction Set Architecture
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|