Panasonic Adopts Synopsys Custom Design Platform to Accelerate Next-Generation Automotive and Industrial Products
Synopsys solution deployed at Panasonic for all analog, mixed-signal & RF designs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., May 22, 2020 -- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced that Panasonic Corporation has selected the Synopsys Custom Design Platform for its total design flow to develop next generation analog and mixed-signal products after the completion of a rigorous technical evaluation and successful migration of legacy design flows and data. Panasonic has already begun design work with the Synopsys Custom Design Platform; it will be used by all Panasonic analog, mixed-signal and RF design groups world-wide.
"We selected Synopsys as our EDA partner to help us accelerate our spatial sensing solution and battery sensing solution for automotive and industrial market," said Hiroyuki Tsujikawa, Director at Panasonic Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd.. "Synopsys demonstrated that they could respond rapidly to our requirements, and we moved our legacy designs and design flows to Synopsys in just a few months."
Synopsys' Custom Design Platform is based on the Custom Compiler design and layout environment and includes HSPICE®, FineSim® SPICE, and CustomSim™ FastSPICE circuit simulation, Custom WaveView™ waveform display, StarRC™ parasitic extraction, and IC Validator physical verification.
Key features of the Custom Design Platform include reliability-aware verification, Extraction Fusion technology, and visually assisted layout. Reliability-aware verification ensures robust analog/mixed-signal (AMS) design with signoff-accurate transistor-level EM/IR analysis, large-scale Monte Carlo simulation, aging analysis, and other verification checks. Extraction Fusion technology with StarRC parasitic extraction reduces design closure time by enabling accurate parasitic simulation before layout is complete. Visually-assisted automation is a pioneering approach to reducing layout effort that is proven to deliver higher productivity.
"Panasonic is one of several full-flow competitive displacements we've achieved this year from customers seeking better overall design productivity, industry-leading circuit simulation performance, and gold-standard extraction and simulation accuracy." said Aveek Sarkar, vice president, AMS customer success and product management at Synopsys. "We welcome Panasonic to our rapidly growing community of full-flow custom design customers."
For more on the Synopsys Custom Design Platform, visit www.synopsys.com/custom
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP and is also growing its leadership in software security and quality solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest security and quality, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
Synopsys, Inc. Hot Verification IP
- Socionext Adopts TSMC's 5-nanometer Technology for Custom SoCs Targeting Next-Generation Automotive Applications
- Synopsys' Fusion Compiler Enables Renesas to Accelerate Delivery of Next-Generation Automotive Designs
- Mobileye Adopts Key Synopsys Automotive Functional Safety Verification Solution to Enable ISO 26262 Compliance of its Next-Generation ADAS SoCs
- Synopsys Collaborates with TSMC to Accelerate 3nm Innovation, Enabling Next-Generation SoC Design
- JLQ Technology Selects Synopsys DesignWare IP to Accelerate Development of Next-Generation SoCs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- UMC Reports Sales for May 2023
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|