Arteris IP Completes Acquisition of Magillem Design Services Assets, Creating World's Premier System-on-Chip Integration Company
SoC technology leader provides NoC interconnect and SoC IP deployment technologies to speed chip development for the AI/ML era.
CAMPBELL, Calif. – November 30, 2020 – Arteris IP, the world’s leading supplier of innovative, silicon-proven network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect intellectual property, today announced the completion of the transaction to acquire the assets of Magillem Design Services (“Magillem”) which was announced in October 2020 (see, “Arteris® IP to Acquire Assets of Magillem Design Services, Creating World's Premier System-on-Chip Assembly Company”). Magillem is now the IP Deployment Division within Arteris IP.
This combination of global technology leaders creates the semiconductor industry’s leader in system-on-chip (SoC) integration, with Arteris IP’s on-chip interconnect IP combined with Magillem’s IP deployment technology.
Customers of the combined company will experience the following benefits:
- For all current and future Magillem users, IP deployment technologies developed by Magillem will continue to be available as standalone products, independent of Arteris IP NoC interconnect. The company intends to increase investment in and enhance these technologies.
- For Arteris IP licensees, the IP deployment technologies will be integrated with Arteris IP NoC interconnect IP, creating an SoC integration platform that will offer licensees a rapid, predictable, and lower cost means for developing SoCs.
“As the machine learning revolution progresses, chip design complexity is exploding, requiring the integration of hundreds of IP blocks,” said Mike Demler, Senior Analyst at The Linley Group. “By providing technology that eases chip development, Arteris IP is uniquely positioned to help the semiconductor industry address these issues, enabling designers to better focus their efforts on SoC innovation.”
“Arteris is committed to simplifying the SoC integration design flow with our state-of-the-art on-chip interconnect IP and IP deployment software,” said K. Charles Janac, President and CEO of Arteris IP. “As we integrate our technologies, the combination of Magillem IP deployment products and Arteris IP NoC interconnect technologies will simplify the integration of IP blocks into innovative, high-performing, and lower cost system-on-chip semiconductors.”
“We are excited to create a major IP company that is of sufficient size and comes with the necessary R&D expertise to meet the needs of our demanding semiconductor and system house customers,” said Isabelle Geday, Vice President & General Manager, Arteris IP Deployment Division. “Our combined company will not only have one of the larger IP and software development teams in the semiconductor industry, but also combine Magillem’s engineering expertise with a larger marketing, sales and support organization to expand the growth of our standalone and combined products globally.”
Arteris IP has hired substantially all the Magillem employees into its Arteris IP SAS French subsidiary. With this combination, Arteris IP will have nearly the same headcount in Europe as it has in the United States. Terms of the deal are not being publicly disclosed.
About Arteris IP
Arteris IP provides network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect IP and IP deployment technology to accelerate system-on-chip (SoC) semiconductor development and integration for a wide range of applications from AI to automobiles, mobile phones, IoT, cameras, SSD controllers, and servers for customers such as Bosch, Baidu, Mobileye, Samsung, Toshiba and NXP. Arteris IP products include the Ncore® cache coherent and FlexNoC® non-coherent interconnect IP, the CodaCache® standalone last level cache, and optional Resilience Package (ISO 26262 functional safety), FlexNoC AI Package, and PIANO® automated timing closure capabilities. Customer results obtained by using Arteris IP products include lower power, higher performance, more efficient design reuse and faster SoC development, leading to lower development and production costs. For more information, visit www.arteris.com.
Search Silicon IP
ArterisIP Hot IP
- Arteris IP to Acquire Assets of Magillem Design Services, Creating World's Premier System-on-Chip Assembly Company
- Arteris Acquires Semifore to Accelerate System-on-Chip Development
- Arteris IP and Magillem Partner to Create Integrated System-on-Chip Architecture Environment
- Scotland's Alba center gains system-on-chip testing services company
- MediaTek and TSMC Unveil the World's First 7nm 8K Resolution Digital TV System-on-Chip
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|