64x8 Bits OTP (One-Time Programmable) IP, X-FAB 0.18μm XH018 Modular Mixed Signal
Codasip announces three new RISC-V Application Processor Cores providing Multi-core and SIMD capability
Munich, Germany – December 4th 2020 – Codasip, the leading supplier of customizable RISC-V® processor IP, today announces three new 64-bit RISC-V application processor cores: the A70XP™ provides support for RISC-V P extensions, and the A70X‑MP™ and A70XP‑MP™ enable the creation of symmetric multi-processor (SMP) systems.
4-core A70X-MP cluster
The RISC-V P extension consists of 331 instructions which can be divided into groups. The A70XP includes a SIMD unit which executes P extension instructions with single-cycle latency. Multi-cycle instructions are pipelined to allow one to be executed every clock cycle. Applications for this core include audio encoding/decoding, sensor fusion, computer vision, and edge AI/ML applications.
The A70X-MP and A70XP-MP cores add multi-core features to the Codasip application processor family, supporting clusters of up to four cores in an SMP configuration. Codasip provides configurable L1 and L2 caches with a scalable microarchitecture. All Codasip application processors – the A70X™, A70XP, A70X-MP, and A70XP-MP – use an AXI external interface and support Linux.
Codasip’s new family of Application RISC-V processors (names beginning with “A”) is based on the same microarchitecture as the A70X (Codasip Bk7). All the Application cores are 64-bit and feature a Floating Point Unit and Atomic instructions. They also support Machine, Supervisor & User privilege modes and have a Memory Management Unit, therefore they are able to run Linux. Like other Codasip RISC-V cores, they are developed using Codasip Studio allowing them to be customized to meet domain-specific requirements.
“We are delighted to extend our range of Codasip RISC-V application processors with cores offering higher performance,” said Karel Masařík, CEO Codasip. “These new cores are the combined work of our new French Design Center and our main R&D Center in Brno. They will be followed by more exciting new products in 2021.”
The A70X core is available today and the other three cores will be available in the first quarter of 2021.
Apart from Application, Codasip offers two processor families for the embedded domain: Small and efficient Low Power Embedded processors (“L”) and more powerful High Performance Embedded processors (“H”). These families are based on the Codasip Bk3 and Bk5 microarchitectures.
Codasip RISC-V Processor portfolio
Codasip delivers leading-edge processor IP and high-level design tools, providing IC designers with all the advantages of the RISC-V open ISA, along with the unique ability to easily customize the processor IP. As a founding member of the RISC-V Foundation and a long-term supplier of LLVM and GNU-based processor solutions, Codasip is committed to open standards for embedded processors. Formed in 2014 and headquartered in Munich, Germany, Codasip currently has offices in Europe and China, with sales representatives worldwide. For more information about our products and services, visit www.codasip.com. To learn more about RISC-V, visit www.riscv.org.
Search Silicon IP
Codasip Hot IP
- Blueshift Memory to use Codasip custom compute to develop new memory-efficient processor technology
- Andes Announces RISC-V Multicore 1024-bit Vector Processor: AX45MPV
- Andes Technology Unveils The AndesCore® AX60 Series, An Out-Of-Order Superscalar Multicore RISC-V Processor Family
- Codasip Announces A71X RISC-V Application Core with Dual-Issue Capability
- Codasip Announces FPGA Evaluation Platforms for RISC-V Processor Cores
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - May 2023
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|