EdgeCortix Collaborates with Cadence to Accelerate AI Chip Design
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- June 2, 2021 -- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDNS) today announced that EdgeCortix, Inc., a leading innovator, focused on artificial intelligence (AI) driven software and hardware acceleration solutions, specially designed for edge computing scenarios, has deployed multiple Cadence® verification and digital tools to accelerate the design and verification of its edge AI chips. In particular, the Cadence Verification IP (VIP) for the Arm® AMBA® 3/4 AXI standard and faster simulation performance with Cadence XceliumTM Logic Simulation, enabled EdgeCortix to shorten its verification environment's development to less than a month, while the Cadence GenusTM Synthesis Solution and JoulesTM RTL Power Solution delivered a 2X reduction in power analysis time with better power, performance, and area (PPA).
The Cadence solutions were easy to deploy and use, so the EdgeCortix team was able to boost productivity. For example, the VIP for AMBA AXI comes with comprehensive, built-in protocol checks and debugging aids, which made it simple for EdgeCortix to catch protocol bugs early, reducing testbench debug time. Also, the Joules RTL Power Solution let EdgeCortix complete RTL power analysis quickly on multiple versions of their RTL IP, surpassing the planned timetables that were originally allocated for selecting the final RTL IP configuration used for GDSII conversion.
In addition to using the Cadence VIP for AMBA 3/4 AXI and Joules RTL Power Solution, EdgeCortix uses additional Cadence solutions, including the Xcelium Logic Simulator and the Genus Synthesis Solution. EdgeCortix was able to improve overall verification throughput and meet its verification schedule using the Xcelium simulator. Utilizing the Xcelium simulator's multithreading capability, EdgeCortix was able to run simulations 1.8X faster, with large deep neural network models like YoloV3 running on its IP. Additionally, the Xcelium simulator's superior debug capability allowed EdgeCortix to quickly debug assertions and transactions. The Genus Synthesis Solution’s multithreading capabilities allowed EdgeCortix to try more synthesis options to obtain the best gate-level netlist in less time.
“At EdgeCortix, we provide software and hardware acceleration IP based on our runtime reconfigurable architecture called Dynamic Neural AcceleratorTM (DNA) architecture,” said Sakyasingha Dasgupta, CEO, EdgeCortix. “To develop our AI chips, we need solutions that can handle the design complexities while also ensuring our aggressive time-to-market schedules are met. The Cadence digital and verification solutions provided us with tools that made the verification process much more efficient, and the Cadence team offered standout customer support that allowed us to quickly ramp up our design project. To leverage cloud scalability and agility, we now plan to adopt Cadence CloudBurst platform, which provides a ready-to-use cloud-based design environment so that we don’t have to worry about IT setup and infrastructure management and can focus on delivering our products efficiently.”
Cadence Verification IP and Xcelium Logic Simulation are part of the broader Cadence Verification Suite, and the Cadence Genus Synthesis Solution and Joules RTL Power Solution are part of the digital full flow. The verification suite, the digital full flow and Cadence CloudBurst™ platform support the company's Intelligent System Design™ strategy, enabling SoC design excellence. For more information on the Cadence Verification Suite, please visit www.cadence.com/go/VerificationTools. For more information on the Cadence Digital Suite, go to www.cadence.com/go/DigitalSolutions. For more information on the Cadence Cloud portfolio, please visit www.cadence.com/go/CloudPortfolio.
Cadence is a pivotal leader in electronic design, building upon more than 30 years of computational software expertise. The company applies its underlying Intelligent System Design strategy to deliver software, hardware and IP that turn design concepts into reality. Cadence customers are the world’s most innovative companies, delivering extraordinary electronic products from chips to boards to systems for the most dynamic market applications, including consumer, hyperscale computing, 5G communications, automotive, mobile, aerospace, industrial and healthcare. For seven years in a row, Fortune magazine has named Cadence one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more at cadence.com.
Search Silicon IP
Cadence Hot IP
- Cadence Collaborates with TSMC to Accelerate Mobile, AI and Hyperscale Computing Application Development on N3 and N4 Processes
- Cadence Collaborates with Samsung Foundry to Accelerate Hyperscale Computing SoC Design for Process Nodes Down to 4nm
- Cadence Collaborates with TSMC to Accelerate 5nm FinFET Innovation, Enabling Next-Generation SoC Production Design
- Imperas Collaborates with MIPS and Ashling to Accelerate RISC-V Application Software Development from SoC Concept to Deployment
- Arteris and SiFive Partner to Accelerate RISC-V SoC Design of Edge AI Applications
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|