GlobalFoundries Announces Extension of AMD Wafer Supply Agreement to Guarantee Supply
Malta, New York December 23, 2021– GlobalFoundries Inc. (Nasdaq: GFS) (GF), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, today announced that it hasagreed to amend its Wafer Supply Agreement (WSA) with AMD to increase the volume of chips GF will supply as well as extend the terms of the agreement to secure supply through 2025. The agreement also expands the breadth of the partnership, including supply assurance for AMD chips serving the datacenter, personal computing, embedded and other growth markets.
GF has been manufacturing high-performance chips for AMD for more than 12 years, and this new agreement extends this long-standing partnership to ensure supply for AMD’s growing business. With this agreement, AMD now expects to purchase approximately $2.1 billion of wafers from GF between 2022 and 2025.
“We have been working closely with our customers for more than a year to help address the ongoing supply-demand imbalance in our industry,” said Tom Caulfield, GF CEO. “Our amended agreement with AMD is a prime example of our customers’ desire and willingness to secure long-term supply. This agreement not only increases the volume of chips we will be producing for AMD, it also secures and extends their supply through 2025.”
The global demand for semiconductors is growing at an unprecedented rate, and GF is responding to this growththrough a series of strategic long-term agreements with existing and new customers and simultaneously expanding global capacity to meet customer demand.
GlobalFoundries® (GF®) is one of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. GF is redefining innovation and semiconductor manufacturing by developing and delivering feature-rich process technology solutions that provide leadership performance in pervasive high growth markets. GF offers a unique mix of design, development and fabrication services. With a talented and diverse workforce and an at-scale manufacturing footprint spanning the U.S., Europe and Asia, GF is a trusted technology source to its worldwide customers. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Search Silicon IP
- AMD Amends Wafer Supply Agreement with GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- AMD recasts foundry deal to save cash
- AMD Amends Wafer Supply Agreement With GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- GlobalFoundries and Qualcomm Announce Extension of Long-term Agreement to Secure U.S. Supply through 2028
- Driven by Accelerating Demand for Leading 5G RF Solutions, GLOBALFOUNDRIES and Soitec Announce RF-SOI Wafer Supply Agreement
- We don't compete with our customers - TSMC
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Imagination launches IMG CXM, the smallest GPU to bring effortless user interfaces into homes
- PCI-SIG Certifies VectorPath Accelerator Card for PCIe Gen5 x16 @ 32 GT/s
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|