Kinetic Technologies Adopts Diakopto's ParagonX Platform for High-Performance Power Management and Video/Audio Interface ICs
San Jose, CA. -- January 25, 2022 -- Diakopto announced today that Kinetic Technologies, a developer of high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, has selected ParagonX to accelerate parasitic analysis and design optimization in the development of their integrated circuits (IC).
“We have adopted the industry-leading ParagonX Electronic Design Automation (EDA) solution to help us further speed up time-to-market and improve design performance and reliability.” commented Jan Nilsson, Founder and Chairman at Kinetic Technologies. “ParagonX will help our designers deliver best in class solutions in a timely manner.”
Parasitics are unintended elements that degrade IC performance, precision, power efficiency, robustness, and reliability. The need for higher density, faster speed, and greater precision, along with the migration to advanced technology nodes have elevated their impact on IC design. The power-performance-area (PPA) metric and time-to-market of modern ICs are now dominated by on-chip interconnects and layout parasitics. Debugging these design problems – and addressing the underlying issues causing them – has become extraordinarily difficult, tedious, and time-consuming.
“We are pleased to welcome Kinetic Technologies to our family of ParagonX users, and excited to see them using ParagonX for their cutting-edge power management and video/audio interface ICs,” remarked Maxim Ershov, CEO and CTO of Diakopto. “This is further testament to the broad applicability and versatility of ParagonX to help engineers tackle a wide range of IC problems induced by parasitics.”
ParagonX assists engineers in parasitic debugging of analog, mixed-signal and custom digital IC designs. It is orders of magnitude faster than alternative solutions, and visually pinpoints the few critical parasitic elements (out of thousands, millions, or billions) responsible for bottlenecks, choke points and weak areas. ParagonX has accelerated the development of a wide variety of IC designs, including high-speed SerDes, high-precision data converters, RFIC, image sensors, power management, custom memories, optical transceivers, low-power IoT, silicon photonics, memory PHY and general-purpose analog.
About Kinetic Technologies
Kinetic Technologies designs and develops proprietary innovative high-performance analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits, specializing in power, protection, video/audio interfacing and signal integrity for consumer, communications, industrial, automotive and enterprise markets. Their core products sit “Behind Every Port™” providing solutions to manage, protect, regulate, and monitor power passing through today’s most popular connection types such as USB Type-C, DisplayPort™, HDMI™, and Ethernet. Kinetic also offers solutions to simultaneously improve signal integrity of high-speed data through such ports. Kinetic Technologies is a privately held company with R&D centers in Silicon Valley and Asia, along with operations and logistics based in Asia. For more information, please visit http://www.kinet-ic.com/.
About Diakopto Inc.
Diakopto, headquartered in San Jose, CA, develops out-of-the-box analysis, visualization, and optimization tools for complex IC designs, with the primary focus on layout parasitics. We empower IC design, layout, and CAD engineers at over 35 industry-leading companies to quickly find and resolve design problems, increase productivity, and accelerate time-to-market. Our software platform and methodology are designed to deliver easy-to-use, intuitive, and fast functionalities, producing clear and actionable results. Diakopto was named a Top 20 Semiconductor Tech Company as well as a Top 10 Most Disruptive Company in the Semiconductor Industry in 2021. www.diakopto.com
Search Silicon IP
- Analog Circuit Works Adopts Diakopto's ParagonX Platform for High-Performance Analog Circuit IP
- Linear Technology Selects Virage Logic's AEON(R) Non-Volatile Memory for use in High-Performance Power Management ICs
- IQ-Analog Adopts Diakopto's ParagonX Platform for Next-Generation 5G Wireless Communications ICs
- Alphawave IP Adopts Diakopto's ParagonX EDA Platform and Methodology
- eMemory's NeoEE Technology Advanced into BCD Process Platform, Augment P-Gamma Silicon Intellectual Property Product Range and Accelerate the Integration Power Management ICs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- UMC Reports Sales for May 2023
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|