Synopsys to Acquire WhiteHat Security from NTT
Acquisition Expands Application Security Software-as-a-Service Capabilities
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 27, 2022 -- Synopsys, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNPS) today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire WhiteHat Security, a leading provider of application security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). The addition of WhiteHat Security will provide Synopsys with significant SaaS capabilities and market-segment-leading dynamic application security testing (DAST) technology to strengthen what is considered one of the industry's broadest application security testing portfolio. Synopsys and WhiteHat Security, which was acquired by NTT Security Corporation in 2019, share a vision for delivering SaaS-based security testing solutions and building security into the software development lifecycle.
Under the terms of the transaction, Synopsys will pay approximately $330 million in cash. The transaction is subject to regulatory review and customary closing conditions and is expected to close in Synopsys' fiscal Q3 2022. Based on its preliminary review, Synopsys currently expects the acquisition to be roughly neutral to FY2022 non-GAAP earnings per share.
"WhiteHat Security helped pioneer SaaS delivery of application security testing and brings powerful technology and expertise into our application security portfolio," said Jason Schmitt, general manager of the Synopsys Software Integrity Group. "WhiteHat Security's DAST capabilities complement our strengths in static analysis, interactive analysis and software composition analysis, while their expertise in SaaS will accelerate our security testing SaaS capabilities. We are excited about the value this will create for our customers and welcome the WhiteHat Security team as they join us in our mission to build trust in the software that businesses depend on."
"We're thrilled to join forces with Synopsys in the next phase of our journey," said Craig Hinkley, chief executive officer of WhiteHat Security. "The combination of our respective strengths and our shared vision for the future of application security presents exciting opportunities for our customers and the broader market. We look forward to continuing to serve the loyal customers that have trusted WhiteHat Security for nearly 20 years and expanding our footprint as part of the larger Synopsys portfolio."
About the Synopsys Software Integrity Group
Synopsys Software Integrity Group provides integrated solutions that transform the way development teams build and deliver software, accelerating innovation while addressing business risk. Our portfolio of software security products and services is the most comprehensive in the world and interoperates with third-party and open source tools, allowing organizations to leverage existing investments to build the security program that's best for them. Only Synopsys offers everything you need to build trust in your software. Learn more at www.synopsys.com/software.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As an S&P 500 company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP and offers the industry's broadest portfolio of application security testing tools and services. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing more secure, high-quality code, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
Synopsys, Inc. Hot Verification IP
- Synopsys Completes Acquisition of WhiteHat Security
- Synopsys to Acquire Semiconductor and Flat Panel Display Solutions from BISTel
- Synopsys Acquires Code Dx to Extend Application Security Portfolio
- Mellanox to Acquire World Leading Network Intelligence Technology Developer Titan IC to Strengthen Leadership in Security and Data Analytics
- Synopsys to Acquire Certain IP Assets of INVECAS
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|