1-112Gbps Medium Reach (MR) and Very Short Reach (VSR) SerDes
Attopsemi OTP IP embedded in Fingerprints™ biometric solution to facilitate biometric technology
Hsinchu, Taiwan – March 7, 2023 -- Attopsemi, the innovative one-time programming (OTP) IP provider of the revolutionary I-fuse®, Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), a world leading biometric company based in Sweden, has launched a series of collaborations integrating the new design of I-fuse S3™ OTP, multi benefit storage and memory device, to provide several biometric applications toward semiconductor industry globally.
With the new design of I-fuse S3™, now several projects have been kicked off for the advanced applications towards the biometric market and the new design will play an important role by keeping extreme low voltage for programming, as well as providing compact 1/2 smaller IP area than previous generation. Its competitive characteristics lower the difficulty in designing and satisfy the upcoming demand from the market.
“With the arrival of the IoT era that biometric technology has brought to our daily lives, we bring worryless payments to a world where everyone can be trusted. People are allowed to go anywhere in the world making everyday purchases in a more convenient and secure way.” Said Fredrik Ramberg, Head of R&D of Payment and Access at Fingerprints. He continues, “The robust reliability of I-fuse®, the low programming voltage and small footprint gives us increased design freedom and an edge towards competition. We have been running several successful projects together and are very pleased to collaborate with Attopsemi.”
“We have been working with fingerprint for many years now and it’s an honor to have a long-term relationship with such a leader in the biometrics technology smart devices” said Shine Chung, Chairman of Attopsemi. “The growing market of biometric is potential and more collaboration in the field is expected. We are excited to provide best design with our new-gen OTP solution.”
Attopsemi provides industrial-leading OTP solutions with innovative I-fuse®. The I-fuse® IP allows customer to use alternatively 3.3V I/O voltage or 1.8V core voltage for programing at 0.18 um without charge pump, offering the most design flexibility and size competiveness. Furthermore, Fingerprints’ biometric solution is now embedded with I-fuse® and have now entered the mass production stage.
Search Silicon IP
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Embedded into NJR's Products
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Now Qualified on a Japanese Wafer Fab's 130nm BCD and Embedded into ABLIC's IC Product
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Embedded into Melexis' Sensor ICs In Mass Production
- Latest Attopsemi I-fuse OTP Memories Based on Ground-Breaking New Architecture Now Available on X-FAB's 180 nm Technology
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Qualified and Available on GLOBALFOUNDRIES 22FDX FD-SOI Platform
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- Sensor Fusion Explores AI to Prep for ADAS, AV Designs
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- Bluetooth Dual Mode V5.3 RF Transceiver IP Cores in 22nm ULP is Available for Immediate Licensing for Smart Audio Chipsets
- OPENEDGES Completes the Tapeout of the 7nm HBM3 Memory Subsystem (PHY & Memory Controller) Test chip
- Verisity Announces Specman Elite Version 4
- BrainChip Begins Taking Orders of Akida AI Processor Development Kits
- Renesas to Acquire Panthronics to Extend Connectivity Portfolio with Near-Field Communication Technology
- SoftBank and EdgeCortix Partner to Jointly Realize Low-latency and Highly Energy-efficient 5G Wireless Accelerators
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|