1-112Gbps Medium Reach (MR) and Very Short Reach (VSR) SerDes
Atlas Credit Partners Provides $85MM Investment in Coherent Logix
Investment Supports Disruptive Innovation in Terrestrial & Space 2.0 Markets
Houston, TX – March 9, 2023 – Atlas Credit Partners, an asset management firm specializing in investing and partnering with medium-sized businesses, today announced an $85 million investment in Coherent Logix Inc., a world leader in high-performance, low power Systems-on-Chips (SoCs) and advanced development tools for the embedded systems market. The $85 million investment, which Atlas Credit Partners structured and customized in close collaboration with the Coherent Logix management team, will provide the company with substantial growth capital to build on its momentum from recent commercial wins.
Coherent Logix has been serving the Space 2.0 and Defense markets for 15 years. In these markets, high-performance computing (HPC) with low power draw is the absolute key to success. Now, with 16 billion net-new terrestrial devices expected by 2030, and green computing becoming a world-wide priority, Coherent Logix is bringing its disruptive low power, HPC semiconductor designs into the commercial edge, device, communications and AI markets.
Coherent Logix’s SoCs feature the company’s patented HyperXTM architecture, which can deliver significant price, performance, power and size advantages over the incumbents in these markets – cooling our planet even as these segments experience hyper-growth. HyperX SoCs are fully software-defined, and programmable in C, enabling up to 4x faster time to market for channel partners (OEMs and ODMs) and the ability to upgrade products with new features, even after the products have shipped. With these unique capabilities and its HyperX StudioTM toolset, the company supports market solutions across several sectors, including consumer electronics, 5G mobile infrastructure, video / broadcast infrastructure, machine vision, sensor processing and AI.
Altas Credit Partners’ investment will allow Coherent Logix to disrupt terrestrial markets without taking its eye off the high-growth Space 2.0 market.
“Coherent Logix is setting new standards for performance in the Space 2.0 market by virtualizing SoCs for software-defined satellites, and there is a critical need for our high-performance, low-power SoCs here on Earth as edge computing continues to grow,” said Walt Gall, co-CEO of Coherent Logix. “Atlas Credit Partners is key to our expansion into these new markets in need.”
Atlas Credit Partners has a history of successful value-oriented credit investments, having invested a combined $750 million last year, leveraging the company’s 70 years of combined business experience at top-tier institutions to help its portfolio companies to execute their business plans and expand their reach.
“We are thrilled to partner with Coherent Logix and support their expansion into the commercial edge-AI market. Their HyperXTM architecture is disrupting traditional thinking and changing expectations for high-performance, low-power semiconductor chip designs, and we are excited to be a part of the company's continued growth and success,” said Drew Mallozzi, Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner at Atlas Credit Partners. “The Coherent investment aligns perfectly with our mission to provide transitional capital to companies at the forefront of their respective fields and poised for significant expansion.”
To learn more, visit https://www.atlascreditpartners.com or https://www.coherentlogix.com.
About Atlas Credit Partners
Atlas Credit Partners is a Houston, TX based asset management firm specializing in value-oriented investing and partnering directly with medium-sized companies, and other businesses in transition. The company has invested more than $750 million on behalf of its partners and stakeholders and is currently investing through multiple private credit vehicles. To learn more, visit https://www.atlascreditpartners.com.
About Coherent Logix Inc.
Headquartered in Austin, TX, Coherent Logix is a world leader in low-power, high-performance, C-programmable processors for the embedded systems market. They are the inventors of the HyperX architecture, HyperX System-on-a-Chip (SoC) and the HyperX Platform and recently introduced the world’s most advanced System-on-a-Chip for space applications - The HyperX Midnight MCM. The company’s comprehensive portfolio of solutions includes processors, integrated system development tools, optimized libraries, system reference designs, and a customizable system development platform that reduces development complexity and time to market. To learn more, visit https://coherentlogix.com.
Search Silicon IP
- SiMa.ai Welcomes New Investor MSD Partners Bringing Total Investment to $187 Million - SiMa.ai extends oversubscribed series B1 funding to $67 Million
- proteanTecs Secures $45 Million Investment from Addition
- Flex Logix raises $55M to accelerate market adoption of AI inference and eFPGA solutions
- Edge AI company AlphaICs raises $8 million in funding round led by Emerald Technology Ventures and Endiya Partners
- SiFive Partners With Coherent Logix for Mission-Critical Processor Solutions
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- Sensor Fusion Explores AI to Prep for ADAS, AV Designs
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- Bluetooth Dual Mode V5.3 RF Transceiver IP Cores in 22nm ULP is Available for Immediate Licensing for Smart Audio Chipsets
- OPENEDGES Completes the Tapeout of the 7nm HBM3 Memory Subsystem (PHY & Memory Controller) Test chip
- Verisity Announces Specman Elite Version 4
- BrainChip Begins Taking Orders of Akida AI Processor Development Kits
- Renesas to Acquire Panthronics to Extend Connectivity Portfolio with Near-Field Communication Technology
- SoftBank and EdgeCortix Partner to Jointly Realize Low-latency and Highly Energy-efficient 5G Wireless Accelerators
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|