Attopsemi's Revolutionary I-fuse® OTP Silicon-Proven on FinFET Technology
Hsinchu, Taiwan – April 25, 2023 -- Attopsemi, a provider of cutting-edge One-Time Programmable (OTP) IP solutions, is excited to announce successful silicon proven of I-fuse® to 12nm FinFET processes using metal as fuse material. With this breakthrough, Attopsemi’s OTP now can support a complete portfolio of process technologies from mature nodes to high-K metal gate and FinFET technologies without extra mask or Boolean masking operations. This compelling OTP solution migrated to 12nm keep all I-fuse®’s key ingredients, such as high reliability, extremely compact size of 4K bits is less than 0.02 mm2, and low programming voltages ranging from 1.7V to 2.5V without charge pumps.
Different from eFuse, Attopsemi’s revolutionary I-fuse® technologies are to program the I-fuse® below an explosive point so that the electromigration (EM) can be the sole program mechanism, which leads to high reliability according to physics. Using metal interconnect as I-fuse® can be an ideal material for electromigration since the metal width and height can be scaled following Moore’s laws. So can the I-fuse® programming current and IP size. Benefitting from this scalability, metal I-fuse® revolutionizes the ways in OTP.
Attopsemi will expand its metal I-fuse® IPs to more advanced processes from 12nm to 7nm, 5nm, 3nm, and nodes beyond. Integrating metal I-fuse® into these advanced nodes will enable applications across various domains, such as Wi-Fi connectivity, IoT, and MCU, which demand small, reliable, low-voltage and low current programming. This technology promises to impact significantly the ways OTP used in the semiconductor communities
"We are thrilled to announce the successful silicon proven of our I-fuse® IP on 12nm process," said Shine Chung, Chairman of Attopsemi. "This groundbreaking achievement demonstrates our commitments to deliver leading-edge OTP IP solutions to meet the highest standards of performance and reliability. With our new I-fuse® technology, we keep our promise to offer the smallest size and competitive spec of OTP IP on the FinFET technologies, making it the optimal choice for those seeking superior performance and efficiency in their products."
Attopsemi has made significant strides in its mission to provide I-fuse® OTP technologies with lowest cost and highest performance advantages - its rapid growth is a testament to its potential, which is now ready for deployment in more foundries.
Search Silicon IP
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Embedded into NJR's Products
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Qualified and Available on GLOBALFOUNDRIES 22FDX FD-SOI Platform
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Embedded into Melexis' Sensor ICs In Mass Production
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP Passed 3 lots of HTS and HTOL Qualification for 1,000hr on GLOBALFOUNDRIES 22FDX FD-SOI Technology
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP worked at 0.4V and 1uW read on GLOBALFOUNDRIES 22nm FD-SOI for Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems' (IPMS) battery-less 61GHz RFID tags
- U.S. Government Accredits GlobalFoundries to Manufacture Trusted Semiconductors at New York Facility
- MIPS Leverages Siemens' Veloce proFPGA platform to Implement and Make Available Capabilities of its New High-Performance eVocore P8700 RISC-V Multiprocessor
- Cadence Collaborates with Arm to Accelerate Mobile Device Silicon Success with New Arm Total Compute Solutions
- SDIC Licenses 8051 Microcontroller IP Cores from CAST
- AndeSentry™ Collaborative Framework Enables Comprehensive RISC-V Security Solutions
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Synopsys and Arm Strengthen Collaboration for Faster Bring-Up of Next-Generation Mobile SoC Designs on the Most Advanced Nodes
- Total Revenue of Global Top 10 IC Design Houses for 3Q22 Showed QoQ Drop of 5.3%; Broadcom Returned to No. 2 Spot in Revenue Ranking by Overtaking NVIDIA and AMD, Says TrendForce
- New Arm Total Compute Solutions enable a mobile future built on Arm
- TSMC lays out a killer roadmap
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|