Update: MIPS Technologies Acquires Chipidea (August 27, 2007)
May 25, 2003 - ChipIdea Microelectronics SA has been named as one of the 50 fastest-growing small-to-medium sized businesses in Europe in the Lexmark Growth 50.
Lexmark Growth 50 is a pan-European, cross-sector listing honoring 50 of Europe's most outstanding entrepreneurial growth companies. It identifies 50 independent, fast-growing companies from all sectors from the 15 European Union countries, ranked in terms of real job creation between 1997 and 2002.
The research was compiled by Europe Unlimited. The businesses featured in the Lexmark Fast 50 had to meet the following criteria:
- Not publicly listed on a stock exchange
- Not part (subsidiary) of another company or group
- No industrial shareholder should own an equity share of more than 50 per cent of the company
- Both the increase in turnover and employment should be driven largely by organic growth rather than through acquisitions
- A maximum of 100 employees in 1997