- Available now for both RapidChip(TM) platform ASIC and cell-based ASIC applications
- Delivers scalable architecture with migration path for ARM7 and ARM9 designs
- Offers the highest MIPS/MHz performance of all ARM processors
MILPITAS, Calif., Sept. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced availability of the industry's first ARM1026EJ-S(TM) processor core running at 333 MHz in its Gflx(TM) 0.11-micron technology. LSI Logic's highly optimized implementation of this popular core will provide its RapidChip(TM) platform ASIC and cell-based ASIC customers in the communications, storage, consumer and other markets, with greater performance and design flexibility to meet increasingly stringent system requirements.
"The ARM1026EJ-S has the highest MIPS per MHz, and offers the best performance at any given frequency of any ARM core," said Rafi Kedem, senior director, CoreWare Technology Group at LSI Logic. "Additionally, the ARM1026EJ-S features dual-AHB interfaces, which allows customers to leverage our rich library of AMBA-based CoreWare(R) cores and CoreWare(R) subsystems and provides a smooth migration path from RapidChip to cell-based ASIC designs."
LSI Logic's implementation of the ARM1026EJ-S core has a 16KB instruction and 16KB data cache and configurable-size of tightly coupled memories. The core includes both a memory management unit (MMU) for operating systems such as Linux and memory protection units (MPU) for designers who don't require virtual addressing capabilities. The dual-AHB (advanced high performance bus) interfaces work in either 64-bit or 32-bit mode, allowing customers the flexibility to select between 64-bit and 32-bit AMBA bus implementations. Additionally, the ARM1026EJ-S is provided with a complete CoreWare subsystem, which includes a full CPU subsystem with all the necessary peripherals to allow customers using an operating system like Linux to immediately start development of their application software. All CoreWare subsystems are pre-verified and provide a full set of deliverables for easy integration by the end customer.
"LSI Logic's RapidChip platform and the ARM1026EJ-S core will enable designers to create high-performance ASICs while reducing the design cycle," said John Rayfield, vice president of US Marketing, ARM. "LSI Logic's significant achievement of 333 MHz in the Gflx 0.11-micron technology and the fluid migration path from the ARM7(TM) core family and ARM9(TM) core family designs, will enable fast time-to-market for application specific products."
LSI Logic is a leading ASIC/SoC/Platforms solution provider. The company offers unprecedented versatility for ASIC/SoC/Platforms and standard products for the communications, consumer, storage and other markets. LSI Logic's extensive library of CoreWare(R) IP offers proven, easy to integrate, performance-leading cores and subsystems, including GigaBlaze(R) and HyperPHY(TM) high-speed standards-compliant SerDes, ARM and MIPS processors and subsystems, licensable ZSP(R) DSP cores, processor subsystem peripherals and AMBA on-chip-bus structures, USB cores, Memory PHYs and Controllers, Ethernet MAC and PHY cores, PCI, PCI-X, PCI Express, XGXS, SPI4.2 and other protocol layer IP.
About LSI Logic Corporation
LSI Logic Corporation is a leading designer and manufacturer of communications, consumer and storage semiconductors for applications that access, interconnect and store data, voice and video. In addition, the company supplies storage network solutions for the enterprise. LSI Logic is headquartered at 1621 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035. http://www.lsilogic.com .
NOTES TO EDITOR:
1. All LSI Logic news releases (financial, acquisitions, manufacturing, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, http://www.lsilogic.com .
2. LSI Logic, the LSI Logic logo design, RapidChip, Gflx, CoreWare, GigaBlaze, HyperPHY and ZSP are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Logic Corporation.
3. ARM and AMBA are registered trademarks of ARM Limited. ARM1026EJ-S and Jazelle are trademarks of ARM Limited. "ARM" is used to represent ARM Holdings plc (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMHY); its operating company ARM Limited; and the regional subsidiaries ARM INC.; ARM KK; ARM Korea Ltd.; ARM, Taiwan; and ARM France SAS.
4. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
5. Please do not assign a reader service number to this release.