SAN JOSE, Calif., November 24, 2003
– ARC International (LSE: ARK), a world leader in user-customizable processors, silicon peripheral IP, real-time operating system and development tools for embedded system design, announced today the Company's USB-HS OTG product has received its second Full-Speed On-the-Go USB-IF Certification.
“This is the second product for which ARC has attained the coveted On-The-Go logo,” said Bernard Glasauer, Sr. Vice President of Peripheral IP at ARC International. “The addition of the ARC USB HS-OTG controller core to the USB-IF's integrators list offers our customers additional choice and flexibility when implementing USB On-The-Go functionality. It is one more example of how ARC provides the widest and deepest set of USB IP solutions to the market.”
- ARC's USB-HS OTG is the industry's leading solution for High Speed and Full Speed OTG applications. It incorporates an innovative architecture, including a protocol-aware DMA controller. Benefits include: Reduced total die area (inclusive of endpoint buffers) in real-world, full system implementations
- Reduced system processor and system bus loading
- Most mature product available today: ARC has been shipping the USB High Speed OTG product since September of 2002, and leads the industry in both design-ins and silicon implementations
- Full suite of verification tools
- Most mature OTG software stack. The ARC stack can use Task, Event, Message Passing, Interrupt or Semaphore based OS structures, and offers a thin hardware adaptation layer for ease of porting. The stack can work standalone in those systems that do not use an operating system.
ARC's USB HS OTG product is delivered as fully synthesizable RTL code, available as VHDL or Verilog, and is available with BVCI or AHB interfaces. Delivery also includes driver source code, full verification suite and extensive documentation.
Earlier this year, the company introduced the ARC CertiPHY program whereby the industry's leading PHY manufacturers work with ARC to verify that their PHY's work with ARC's USB technology. This innovative program was introduced as ARC's solution to an industry-wide problem, and aids SoC developers with interoperability testing which, in turn, eases USB-IF certification.About ARC
ARC International is a world leader in embedded design and development software and embedded silicon. ARC's solutions minimize risk for customers developing next-generation wireless, networking, industrial control, storage, and consumer electronics products. ARC introduced the industry's first user-customizable 32-bit RISC/DSP processor core, the industry's first USB Hi-Speed On-The-Go IP and today supplies turnkey embedded solutions that contain a real-time operating system, development tools, processor core and peripheral hardware and software IP that enable developers to optimize the design and performance of their applications. By providing developers with a single source for the major SoC and embedded software building blocks ARC reduces the number of their suppliers thereby reducing cost, reducing risk and ultimately reducing time-to-market.
ARC International employs approximately 180 people in research and development, sales and marketing offices across North America, Europe and Asia. Full details of the company's locations and other information are available on the company's website, http://www.arc.com
. ARC International is listed on the London Stock Exchange as ARC International plc (LSE: ARK).Statements made in this press release that are not historical facts include forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ from those indicated by such forward-looking statements include, among others, market acceptance of the ARC technology; fluctuations in and unpredictability of the Company's quarterly results; general economic and business conditions; regulatory policies adopted by governmental authorities; assumptions regarding the Company's future business strategy; changes in technology; competition; ability to attract and retain qualified personnel; risks associated with the Company's international operations; and other uncertainties that are discussed in the “Investment Considerations” section of the Company's listing particulars dated 28 September 2000 filed with the United Kingdom Listing Authority and the Registrar of Companies in England and Wales. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date such statement was first made. In view of the many applications in which its Licensees may use the ARC products, ARC cannot warrant that those applications do not infringe the patents of others ARC strongly encourages its Licensees to become familiar with the policies governing the use and licensing of intellectual property established by any organization whose standards the Licensee wishes to follow, and to review the list most standards-promulgating organizations publish, of entities that claim to have patents relating to the relevant standards or underlying technology.
ARC, the ARC logo, ARCtangent, ARCangel, ARCompact, ARChitect, ARCform, CASSEIA, High C, High C/C++, SeeCode, MetaDeveloper, MetaWare, Precise Solution, Precise/BlazeNet, Precise/EDS, Precise/MFS, Precise/MQX, Precise/MQXsim, Precise/RTCS, Precise/RTCSsim are trademarks of ARC International. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders.