Enables Wi-Fi chip and solution providers to license 802.11 Multimode MAC running on the Nucleus PLUS KernelNewark, CA –December 04, 2003
– DCM Technologies and Accelerated Technology®, the Embedded Systems Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT), today announced the availability of IEEE802.11 Multimode MAC on the Nucleus® PLUS real-time kernel. The Nucleus PLUS kernel is one of the most suitable RTOS (real-time operating system) for 802.11 MAC where performance and small footprint are the two most critical requirements.
DCM Technologies Ltd. is an SEI CMM Level 5 company focusing on wireless technologies.
DCM Technologies has complete implementation of IEEE802.11 MAC for .11b, .11a and .11g standards. DCM 802.11 MAC is tested for interoperability against third party products from CISCO, Lucent and D-Link. DCM is also working on the enhancements for 802.11e and 802.11i standards. MAC layer is generally split into two layers – Upper layers and Lower layers. While Upper layers are generally run onto a microprocessor like ARM or MIPS running on a Nucleus PLUS-type of kernel, lower layers are generally implemented into FPGA or ASIC. DCM licenses the complete 802.11 MAC and also offers customization services to help customers adopt the 802.11 MAC for their individual needs. Product Features
- Compliant to IEEE 802.11 1999 standard
- Flexible Partitioning of MAC Layer between Firmware and Hardware
- OS Abstraction layer provides easy portability to different operating systems
- API’s provided on top of the MAC make it easy to use and plug in
- Generalized PHY interface allows the ability to support multiple PHYs
- ANSI C compatible software and HDL code for MAC Hardware
- Separate Access Point and Station Code bases
- Host Interface provided through Ethernet
802.11 Basic Features
- BSS Scan, Create, Join functions
- Timing Synchronization Function
- Fragmentation and Reassembly
- Access Point Control of Infrastructure Networks
Support of Different Operation Modes and Rates
- Ability to operate in Ad Hoc Mode
- Ability to operate in Infrastructure Mode
- All nodes operate only in DCF Mode
- Multi-rate Support
- Intelligent Algorithms Manage Power Usage to Maximize Both Throughput and Battery Life
- Retains Full Compatibility With IEEE 802.11 Power Management Techniques without Impact on Data Throughput
- Open System Authentication
- Shared Key Authentication
- WEP Algorithm for 64 & 128 bit Key
The addition of 802.11 MAC to the Nucleus product line will allow users of the Nucleus PLUS kernel to easily add wireless capabilities to their devices including multimedia appliances, infotainment devices, PDAs, digital cameras, cellular phones, DVD players, set-top boxes and portable radios.
Indu Prakash, head of Sales & Marketing at DCM Technologies, said, “The IEEE 802.11 multimode MAC from DCM Technologies is a robustly designed and silicon-proven solution. Availability of this solution on the Nucleus PLUS kernel reaffirms our commitment to our relationship with Accelerated Technology,” he added.
“As the popularity of wireless capabilities for embedded devices continues to grow, Accelerated Technology will provide developers with a robust, reliable kernel in which to build those devices. The Nucleus software support for the 802.11 MAC shows our commitment to the developers in the wireless markets,” said Robert Day, director of marketing, Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems Division. Pricing and Availability
Available now, for pricing and more technical information, please contact DCM Technologies at 1-800-DCMTECH or email@example.comAbout DCM
DCM Technologies is a proven industry leader in software design and product development, with over a decade of expertise and prestigious SEI CMM 5 assessment. The company provides design services to the world's leading high-technology companies in the areas of ASIC/PLD designs, embedded software and communications software. DCM's highly skilled and experienced engineers work closely with technology leaders to help them keep pace with increasing product complexity and tight market windows.
DCM provides its customization and design services through its current strength of 250 plus engineers located at its headquarter in National Capital Region New Delhi, India and sales and support offices in Newark, California and Tokyo Japan. About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of about $650 million and employs approximately 3,500 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777; Silicon Valley headquarters are located at 1001 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, California 95131-2314. World Wide Web site: www.mentor.com
Accelerated Technology, Embedded Systems Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation, is located in Mobile, Alabama with sales offices and distributors worldwide. By providing embedded systems developers with a focus on service, well-documented source code and industry-leading non-royalty-based Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) software, AT’s RTOS software shortens time-to-market and provides a complete solution for engineers. For more information, please visit www.acceleratedtechnology.com
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
.About the Wi-Fi Alliance
The Wi-Fi Alliance (formerly WECA) is a nonprofit organization formed in 1999 to certify interoperability of IEEE 802.11 products and to promote them as the global, wireless LAN standard across all market segments. For more information, please visit www.wi-fi.org.###
Mentor Graphics ,Accelerated Technology and Nucleusare registered trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.