PCISIG APAC February 9, 2004
– Netsys Software Pvt. Ltd. (nSys), the rapidly emerging Verification IP leader, today announced that Genesys Logic has licensed nVS(nSys Verification Suite) for PCI Express* for the development of the PCI Express designs. Genesys Logic engineers are using the nVS verification IP to simulate, and verify the PCI Express interface of the next generation Genesys Logic chips. The use of nVS helps the Genesys Logic team eliminate bugs at the pre-silicon stage at a much faster rate than they had anticipated, reducing time-to-market while having higher quality end products.
"nSys has emerged as one of the leaders for PCI Express verification. The nVS helped us fix some misunderstandings of the specs. We were impressed with the speed with which we could proceed with the verification of our PCI Express design. We just had to focus on our design while the nVS took care of the verification." said Kenny Ju, ASIC Manager at Genesys Logic. "The Test Suites in the nVS helped us verify that our designs are compliant with the PCI Express specifications while being interoperable with other PCI Express implementations."
Genesys Logic aspires to become one of the most productive and creative high-tech companies. Genesys Logic has been the first one in Taiwan to have successfully developed a 0.18um silicon-approved PCI-Express PIPE PHY.
"nSys is focused on providing industry leaders such as Genesys with tools for verifying designs based upon PCI Express." said Atul Bhatia, Director nSys. "nSys is the only company in the world that offers a complete PCI Express Verification IP in Verilog as well as VHDL resulting in its wide acceptance."About nVS for PCI Express:
The nVS (nSys Verification Suite) for PCI Express is a complete verification solution consisting of Bus Function Model (BFM), Monitor & Test Suites for functional verification of PCI Express components. The nVS allows design and verification engineers to quickly & extensively test the entire functionality of their PCI Express compliant devices. Availability of Test Suites enables the designer to focus on features unique to his design. The nVS leverages advanced verification techniques in creating a versatile testbench environment.Key features:
About nVS family
- Ready-to-test in less than an hour
- Support for: Endpoints, RC/ Switch, Bridges
- Support for serial, 10-bit parallel & PIPE interfaces
- Send completely automated/user configured packets in any of the three layers
- Inject/detect errors in all the 3 layers
- Test Suites: Random, Compliance, Error, Directed Tests
The nVS family provides the same consistent user interface across industry standards, simulators and verification environments. They also provide consistency of installation, operation, and documentation. The nVS family supports a large number of protocols and standards that enable users to quickly build a system-level environment to verify their advanced SoC designs without writing a single line of code.About nSys
nSys is rapidly emerging as a leading Verification IP provider. nSys provides flexible solutions to reduce time-to-market for its customers by addressing their verification needs for SoC development. By leveraging its vast experience in standards-based product development, the nSys team creates verification solutions that solve the most challenging functional verification problems in the world. The nSys solutions are in the form of Verification IPs backed by services.
For more information, please visit nSys at www.nsysinc.com
or contact nSys directly at: 510-892-2951.
*PCI-SIG, PCI Express and PCI-X are either registered trademarks or trademarks of PCI-SIG in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.