Silicon-Proven, Low-Power Xpert-Connect SATA PHY and Protocol Solution
San Jose, CA - February 10, 2004 - CEVA, Inc., (NASDAQ: CEVA; LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and communications IP to the semiconductor industry, today announced it will be exhibiting it's Xpert-Connect SATA Communication IP at the Intel Developer Forum, San Francisco, Booth 741, from February 17 through 19.
Serial ATA (SATA) is a next generation storage interface standard replacing the existing Parallel ATA physical storage interface. With the Serial ATA standard already gaining considerable momentum in the market, Xpert-Connect SATA Communication IP from CEVA provides a comprehensive and silicon-proven solution for semiconductor and OEM companies needing to rapidly and efficiently integrate SATA into their next generation system chips.
Currently proven on TSMC 0.13um process, Xpert-Connect combines a SATA 1.5Gbps PHY and a Link/Transport/Command Protocol stack. Designed for ultra-low power dissipation, Xpert-Connect delivers compliant SATA Gen-1 performance at 70mW per channel power. Using a comprehensive PC-based demonstration system containing the Xpert-Connect SATA IP implemented on a plug-in PCI card, interoperability has been achieved with leading serial ATA drives such as Seagate Barracuda, Western Digital Raptor and Maxtor Diamond-Plus.
SATA Communication IP is part of CEVA's Xpert-Connect family of serial communications products covering standards ranging in speeds from 250Mbps to 3.125Gbps. Building on the PHY technology demonstrated at IDF, SATA Gen 2 IP with 3Gb/sec data rates will be announced later this year. Xpert-Connect has been licensed to a number of leading semiconductor players, including an agreement with Kawasaki announced recently.
"Serial ATA is poised to become the dominant interface to storage devices and a semiconductor market forecast to be worth $1 billion by 2006," said John Ryan, Vice President of Communications Business Unit of CEVA. "Already silicon proven on TSMC 0.13um process, Xpert-Connect from CEVA enables our licensees to deploy high-performance, low-power SATA solutions with minimal risk and time-to-market."
For more information about CEVA, Inc, visit the about section of our website. Safe Harbor Statement Various statements in this press release concerning CEVA's future expectations, plans and prospects are "forward-looking statements", which are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those stated. Any statements that are not statements of historical fact (including, without limitation, statements to the effect that the company or its management "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "plans" and similar expressions) should be considered forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described, including the following:
- The industries in which we license our technology are experiencing a challenging period of slow growth that has negatively impacted and could continue to negatively impact our business and operating results;
- The markets in which we operate are highly competitive, and as a result we could experience a loss of sales, lower prices and lower revenue;
- Our operating results fluctuate from quarter to quarter due to a variety of factors including our lengthy sales cycle, and are not a meaningful indicator for future performance
- We rely significantly on revenue derived from a limited number of licensees; and
- Other risks discussed in "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Conditions and;
- Results of Operations--Factors that Could Affect Our Operating Results," in our quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the third quarter of 2003, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on November 13, 2003.