Cypress Ships High-Performance MPEG Clock Generators
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 3, 2004 – Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NYSE: CY), a world leader in timing technology solutions, today announced sampling of its second-generation,high-performance family of MPEG clock generators. Building upon the successful CY2410 and CY2411 families of clock generators, the CY241V08ASC is tailored for multimedia applications such as set-top box receivers, DVD-R players, xDSL modems, and other applications requiring the accuracy and stability of a voltage controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO).
The CY241V08ASC is phase-locked loop (PLL)-based clock generator with a VCXO that enables frequency pulling (varied up or down), thereby enabling an MPEG video stream to interface with an MPEG processor. In addition, the CY241V08ASC features a more robust oscillator architecture than alternative solutions — providing more flexibility and a wider selection of pullable crystals.
“By the end of 2006 it’s estimated that over 56 million homes will have some form of a set-top box,” said Mike Ferreira, product marketing manager for Cypress’s Timing Technology division. “In order to keep up with the growing demand and accompanying system complexities, Cypress has leveraged what it learned from the past generations of MPEG clock generators to provide a robust, yet flexible clock generator at an affordable price.”
Operating at 3.3 V, the CY241V08ASC offers a pullable VCXO output at a variety of frequencies. The CY241V08ASC offers both linear and nonlinear VCXO control curves.
The CY241V08ASC is available now in an 8-pin SOIC for $0.43 per unit in 100,000 unit quantities.
For more information visit the Cypress website at http://www.cypress.com/products/link.cfm?ds=CY241V08.
Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NYSE: CY) is Connecting From Last Mile to First Mile™ with high-performance solutions for personal, network access, enterprise, metro switch and core communications-system applications. Cypress Connects™ using wireless, wireline, digital and optical transmission standards, including USB, Fibre Channel, SONET/SDH, Gigabit Ethernet and DWDM. Leveraging its process and system-level expertise, Cypress makes industry-leading physical layer devices, framers and network search engines, along with a broad portfolio of high-bandwidth memories, timing technology solutions and reconfigurable mixed-signal arrays. More information about Cypress is accessible online at www.cypress.com.
# # #
Cypress and the Cypress logo are registered trademarks of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation. “Connecting From Last Mile to First Mile” and “Cypress Connects” are trademarks of Cypress. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Search Silicon IP
- NTT Electronics Ships Two High-Performance MPEG-2 CODECs Using Tensilica’s Xtensa Cores
- Broadcom Introduces an Advanced Dual-Channel AVC/VC-1/MPEG-2 Video Decoder Chip for High-Performance Digital Media Centers
- PLDA Joins ETP4HPC to share its expertise in High Speed Interconnect Solution IP with the European High Performance Computing Ecosystem
- Analog Bits and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Deliver Differentiated Analog and Mixed Signal IP for High-Performance Mobile and Compute Applications
- Moortec's 7nm In-Chip Monitoring Subsystem IP chosen by Esperanto Technologies to optimise performance and reliability in its high-performance AI Chip
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
- NVIDIA Collaborates With SoftBank Corp. to Power SoftBank's Next-Gen Data Centers Using Grace Hopper Superchip for Generative AI and 5G/6G
- UltraRISC Selects Valtrix STING for Verification of RISC-V SoC Designs
- The game-changing addition of intoPIX JPEG XS codec by Providius heralds a new era of IP media analysis
- Xiphera extends its Transport Layer Security product family
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- MIPS Leverages Siemens' Veloce proFPGA platform to Implement and Make Available Capabilities of its New High-Performance eVocore P8700 RISC-V Multiprocessor
- New Arm Total Compute Solutions enable a mobile future built on Arm
- U.S. Government Accredits GlobalFoundries to Manufacture Trusted Semiconductors at New York Facility
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|