Nordic VLSI ASA becomes Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Oslo, Norway - May 14th, 2004 - Nordic Semiconductor today announced that it has changed its company name from Nordic VLSI. The new name, Nordic Semiconductor, identifies the company as a semiconductor component supplier.
Founded in Norway in 1983, the company started as a traditional ASIC design house, selling consulting services to individual customers. Over the last 10 years, Nordic has gradually and purposely transitioned itself from design services to component delivery, firstly because of the goal to become a supplier of standard RF components. "We are now turning into a leading European fabless semiconductor supplier of standard RF components, and have already made agreements and contracts with a number of world leading customers", says Svenn-Tore Larsen, CEO of Nordic Semiconductors.
Supplying components is now the key contributor to the company's operating revenue. This will amplify as the company moves forward.
About Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Founded in 1983, Nordic Semiconductor (former Nordic VLSI) has evolved steadily from the traditional ASIC design house into a leading European fabless semiconductor supplier. With world-class IC design expertise focused on RF/mixed-mode and advanced back-end/physical design capabilities, Nordic is currently marketing and selling three product families: a ground-breaking portfolio of standard components for wireless communication, high performance dataconverter IPs and custom design and manufacturing services (ASIC). With the ultra compact 2.4GHz transceiver and transmitter families, nRF24XX, the company has established itself as a market leader within the wireless personal interface segment comprising applications such as gamepads, keyboard/mouse and sports equipment. Nordic's products are manufactured on ultra modern technologies through strong relationships with world leading manufacturing facilities and are sold through a world-wide distribution network. The company has offices in Trondheim and Oslo, Norway, and is listed on the Norwegian Stock Exchange (OSX: NOD). All operations are managed according to the ISO 9001-approved quality assurance system.
For information: www.nordicsemi.no
Search Silicon IP
- Memec Insight Becomes New Distributor of Nordic Semiconductor ASA in Europe
- Nordic Semiconductor announces its first Wi-Fi chip, the dual-band Wi-Fi 6 nRF7002
- Huawei and Nordic cellular IoT licensing deal takes a big step towards industry-wide component-level licensing
- Chipidea to Acquire Data Converter Business Unit from Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- Deltronic Security AB has Chosen Nordic Semiconductor ASA's RF-Technology for their Wireless Smoke Alarms
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|