Industry leader responds to customer requests for the ultimate in portability and flexibility in flight line military avionics testing and simulation
Santa Barbara, CA-May 24, 2004 -- Condor Engineering, a leading provider of military and commercial avionics databus solutions, today announced the release of the industry's first dual-channel, multi-function MIL-STD-1553 PCMCIA Type II module. The new card is based on Condor's proven programmable logic device (PLD) core design that provides advanced features for 1553 test, simulation, data acquisition and system control.
"This new card demonstrates the portability of the Condor's 1553 core design and utilizes the latest, low-power PLD devices," stated Bill Schuh, Military Products Manager. "With this release, engineers and flight line technicians have access to multiple 1553 systems with a single PCMCIA card, which consumes about the same amount of power as our previous single channel card."
Standard features include:
- Single or two channel, dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 PCMCIA/PC-CARD Type II interface
- 1 MB RAM per channel (a significant increase over other products in the market)
- Single- and multi-function interfaces available
- High-level API provided with source code
- Full archiving for both channels
- Advanced Filtering and Trigger Functionality
- IRIG-B AM time decoder - DC (TTL) time generator included
- Lowest power 1553 PCMCIA Device in the industry
- Compatible with Condor's BusTools/1553 GUI Protocol Analyzer
- Windows and Linux driver support provided
About Condor Engineering -##-
Condor Engineering is a leading supplier of avionics databus tools and solutions. The Condor product portfolio includes embedded, test, and simulation interfaces for Commercial (ARINC, AFDX), and Military (MIL-STD-1553), avionics databuses. Condor is committed to total customer satisfaction, superior product quality and exceptional service, as demonstrated by its ISO 9001:2000 registration. Founded in 1989, Condor Engineering is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, and is supported by a worldwide network of manufacturer's representatives and distributors. For more information please visit Condor Engineering's web site at www.condoreng.com.