- Industry standard 200 MHz ARM926EJ-S and 212 MHz ARM966E-S processor cores now available for RapidChip(TM) Platform ASIC integration - Innovative Landing Zone(TM) region makes nest for processor cores in pre-verified and pre-designed Platform ASIC "slices"- RapidWorx(TM) 2.0 design kit available nowSAN DIEGO, June 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/
-- Today at the 2004 Design Automation Conference (DAC), LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) announced two new high-performance industry-standard ARM processor cores available for integration into RapidChip(TM) Platform ASIC (www.rapidchip.com
) designs using an innovative and unique Landing Zone(TM) region. The proven 200 MHz ARM926EJ-S and 212 MHz ARM966E-S cores are tightly integrated with LSI Logic's RapidWorx(TM) 2.0 design flow, dramatically reducing time-to-revenue for a broad range of applications including security, consumer electronics, industrial, instrumentation and imaging systems.
Included in the LSI Logic pre-designed and pre-verified RapidChip Integrator and RapidChip Xtreme family of "slices" are features known as Landing Zone regions, which allow processors to be implemented with significantly higher clock speeds than otherwise possible in the transistor fabric. In these regions, logic and memory resources are arranged so that a user can select an ARM926EJ-S microprocessor core running at 200 MHz or an ARM966E-S running at 212 MHz. If an application does not use a processor in the Landing Zone region, the logic and memory elements are not wasted and may be used to implement user logic. The Landing Zone regions on the RapidChip Integrator and RapidChip Xtreme slices further speeds time-to-market for designers when combined with LSI Logic's System CoreWare(TM) intellectual property (IP), providing a complete solution for creating a system-on-a-chip (SoC) efficiently, predictably and rapidly.
"The new high-performance ARM cores are part of our RapidReady CoreWare(TM) library that meets specific LSI Logic standards for design integrity, ease-of-use, reusability and quality," said Ronnie Vasishta, vice president, Technology Marketing, LSI Logic Corporation. "All deliverables integrate into our RapidWorx 2.0 design system so a customer's RapidChip Platform ASIC design process is streamlined, deterministic and low cost. This product announcement is consistent with the values of RapidChip; that is making complex design smooth, simple and available for a new class of Platform ASIC designers."
RapidWorx 2.0 Streamlined Design System
At the 2004 DAC in Synplicity booth #907 and TeraSystems booth #2353, LSI Logic is demonstrating its innovative RapidWorx 2.0 design system for the company's RapidChip Platform ASIC products. Through the combination of a streamlined design flow, rule-based methodology and automated, correct-by-construction tools, the RapidWorx design system enables fast, predictable design of high-performance, custom silicon. The RapidWorx 2.0 design kit is available now for designers of RapidChip Platform ASICs to evaluate and use.
The RapidChip semiconductor platform combines the high-density, high-performance benefits of cell-based ASICs with the fast time-to-market and customization benefits of FPGAs, and the proven IP benefits of ASSPs. Targeting the communications, consumer, storage and other markets, RapidChip Platform ASICs use LSI Logic's high-performance field-tested CoreWare(R) IP, customizable logic, embedded memory, and innovative design concepts to significantly reduce design and manufacturing risk and costs. RapidChip Platform ASICs also provide a fast and seamless migration path to full standard-cell ASIC -- driving unit costs even lower.
Unique to RapidChip Platform ASICs is the customer-friendly interface that dramatically simplifies the underlying complexity of the design tools and flows associated with SoC design. Rule sets automatically manage architectural design, verification, and physical design. As a result, design schedules for high- performance chips are very predictable. Information on RapidChip technology is available through LSI Logic's direct sales channels and worldwide distribution partners.
About LSI Logic Corporation
LSI Logic Corporation is a leading designer and manufacturer of communications, consumer and storage semiconductors for applications that access, interconnect and store data, voice and video. In addition, the company supplies storage network solutions for the enterprise. LSI Logic is headquartered at 1621 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035, http://www.lsilogic.com . NOTES TO EDITOR:
1. All LSI Logic news releases (financial, acquisitions, manufacturing, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, http://www.lsilogic.com .
2. LSI Logic, the LSI Logic logo design, RapidChip, RapidChip Integrator, RapidChip Xtreme, CoreWare, RapidReady CoreWare, System CoreWare, RapidWorx and Landing Zone are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Logic Corporation.
3. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited used under license. ARM926EJ-S and ARM966E-S are trademarks of ARM Limited used under license.
4. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
5. Please do not assign a Reader Service number to this release.
SOURCE LSI Logic Corporation