Xilinx delivers Virtex-4 FPGAs
Company samples world's most advanced 90nm FPGAs to key customers
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 28, 2004 - Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX), the world's leading supplier of programmable logic solutions and inventor of the FPGA, announced today that it has initiated shipment of Virtex-4 FPGAs to its early access customers. Manufactured using the world's first triple-oxide 90nm CMOS technology with 11-layer metal interconnect, Virtex-4 devices represent a quantum leap in programmable device architecture, technology, and system design capabilities. With over $2.5B in cumulative revenue, Virtex FPGAs are the world's most popular programmable logic brand.
The Virtex-4 FPGA family extends that leadership with a host of innovations that deliver unprecedented design capabilities to system designers worldwide.
- Triple-Oxide 90nm CMOS Process, enabling performance and system capacity increases of up to 2x compared to existing Virtex-II and Virtex-II Pro FPGAs.
- ASMBL architecture, a modular framework of silicon subsystems, enabling multiple platforms to most efficiently support different application domains.
- Advanced deep-submicron design techniques reducing dynamic and static power by half compared to previous generation Virtex FPGAs.
- 500MHz XtremeDSP™ Slices, delivering aggregate DSP performance of 256GigaMACs per second at record-setting power-efficiency levels of 56uW/MHz.
- 500MHz SmartRAM™, 18Kb configurable synchronous dual-port Static RAM, featuring integrated FIFO control logic to build fast FIFOs without consuming logic cell resources.
- 500MHz DCM™ Digital Clock Managers, offering sub-30ps timing resolution and the world's most advanced clock synthesis and timing capabilities.
- 500MHz high-performance on-chip differential clock networks for highest precision control of skew and duty-cycle.
- 0.6 - 11.1 Gbps RocketIO™ High-Speed Serial Transceivers, offering industry-leading bandwidth, and channel speeds including 10, 6.25, 3.125, 2.5, 1.25, and 0.6 Gbps.
- 32-bit RISC PowerPC™ processors delivering in excess of 1300 Dhrystone MIPS.
"We have been working with a select group of customers since the first of the year through our early access program. As a result, engineering teams are already designing next-generation products that simply were not possible before the introduction of our Virtex-4 FPGAs," said Erich Goetting, vice president and general manager of the Advanced Products Division at Xilinx.
About Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGAs
The initial Virtex-4 family includes three platforms; Virtex-4 LX optimized for logic-intensive designs, Virtex-4 SX optimized for very high performance signal processing and Virtex-4 FX for embedded processing and high-speed serial connectivity. Each platform will offer a range of device options. With up to 200,000 logic cells and up to 500 MHz performance, the Virtex-4 family delivers twice the density and up to twice the performance of any FPGA in the industry currently in production. Initial engineering samples of the Virtex-4 LX Platform FPGAs have already been delivered with general samples and additional platforms to follow shortly. For more information on the early access program and availability contact your local Xilinx representative.
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in complete programmable logic solutions. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Search Silicon IP
Xilinx, Inc. Hot IP
- Xilinx Planahead v2.2 Tool Delivers Up To 2X Performance Boost And 50% Design Cycle Reduction For Virtex-4 FPGAs
- Panasonic Chooses Xilinx Virtex-4 And Spartan-3 FPGAs For Professional Broadcast High Definition Camera-Recorder
- NEC Chooses Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGAs For GBPS WDM Optical Communications Systems
- Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGAs Provide Critical DSP Functionality In General Dynamics JTRS Radios
- Green Hills Software Announces DSO Solution for Xilinx Virtex-4 Platform FPGAs
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|