Huawei Technologies Licenses LSI Logic ZSP Cores
- ZSP400 and ZSP500 cores selected for best performance, lowest power, and cost efficiencies in 3G wireless and multimedia applications
- LSI Logic continues momentum as Huawei Technologies joins growing list of industry leading companies utilizing the ZSP technology
MILPITAS, Calif., August 9, 2004 - LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., a world leader in wireless and networking, has licensed the ZSP400 and ZSP500 digital signal processor (DSP) cores for use in wireless and multimedia designs. By licensing the ZSP( cores and forging a long-term relationship with LSI Logic, Huawei Technologies can leverage a well-balanced, cost-effective and high-performance DSP solution to meet the growing demand for converging wireless and multimedia applications.
"There's been an explosion of growth in Asia in applications that integrate wireless and multimedia technologies where DSP is a crucial requirement," said He Tingbo, vice president of Research & Development, Huawei Technologies. "Our relationship with LSI Logic provides us with the ability to quickly develop best-in-class solutions to meet the growing demand."
"Huawei Technologies has a stellar reputation as a powerhouse in both wireless and network technologies, and we are delighted to be their strategic partner through our DSP solutions," said Tuan Dao, vice president and general manager of the LSI Logic DSP Division. "ZSP technology is fast becoming the licensable DSP of choice in the market for both technology advantages and world-class support."
In addition to Huawei Technologies, LSI Logic has recently signed ZSP core licensing agreements in Asia with UTStarcom, Datang Microelectronics, AVID Electronics Corp., ICC and Socle Technology. World-class companies such as Broadcom, Conexant, IBM, Skyworks and VIA Telecom are also among publicly announced licensees of the ZSP processing solutions.
"LSI Logic has become a leading licensor of DSP intellectual property, and its success in the Asian market is a clear indicator of the geographic shift in the semiconductor market," said Will Strauss, president of Forward Concepts. "Based on its recent licensees, it's clear that the LSI Logic ZSP family of DSP cores offers compelling solutions in multimedia, voice and wireless markets."
About LSI Logic Corporation
The ZSP Processing Solutions are complete and optimized DSP solutions for multimedia, voice, wireless and other applications requiring high performance signal processing. They are based upon an open, industry-standard DSP architecture. The architecture offers a superior combination of performance, efficient memory usage, and ease of use providing very cost effective options. The ZSP Processing Solutions are available as a licensable, synthesizable technology, as well as off-the-shelf general purpose DSP, multi-channel voice processors and additional application specific standard products from LSI Logic and the ZSP licensees. The ZSP product family includes a series of backward compatible DSP cores including the ZSP200 (2-issue single MAC), ZSP400[l1] (4-issue dual MAC), ZSP500 (4-issue dual MAC) and the ZSP600 (6-issue quad MAC). It also includes comprehensive software suites, bundled device/software packages and reference designs. For more information about the ZSP Processing Solutions please visit http://www.zsp.com/.
About LSI Logic Corporation
LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) is a leading designer and manufacturer of communications, consumer and storage semiconductors for applications that access, interconnect and store data, voice and video. In addition, the company supplies storage network solutions for the enterprise. LSI Logic is headquartered at 1621 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035, http://www.lsilogic.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Sequans Communications Licenses LSI Logic ZSP(R) DSP Core for Broadband Wireless Market
- Celestial Semiconductor Licenses LSI Logic ZSP Solutions for Multimedia Applications
- Broadcom licenses ZSP core from LSI Logic
- LSI Logic licenses ZSP, forms third-party forum
- IBM licenses LSI Logic's ZSP digital signal processor for ASICs
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|