Palmchip Launches Semiconductor Company
- Company opens a design center in Pakistan
- Sells storage IP to Mentor Graphics
The company will produce single chip wireless storage ASSPs that will replace the multi-chip solutions available today. Through the adoption of a single-chip solution, Palmchip customers will benefit from lower power consumption, lower system cost, and significant system performance improvement. These products target a growing need for inexpensive external storage for a multitude of wireless applications ranging from PDAs to cell phones, to wireless home networks.
Palmchip’s design center in Pakistan will provide hardware and software expertise in developing turnkey solutions for the wireless storage market. “This move to semiconductor products is a natural progression for us. For the past eight years, we have used our industry renown AcurX SoC platform, tools technology, and IP cores to create many storage SoCs and wireless ASICs for our customers,” said Jauher Zaidi, CEO and President of Palmchip. Our knowledge, experience, and success in the creation of products for our customers has led us to the decision to focus on creating high-value ASSPs to address this fast growing market opportunity.”
About Palmchip Semiconductor
Palmchip Semiconductor, a spinout company of Palmchip Corporation that was founded in 1996, develops system-on-chip (SoC) silicon solutions for the wireless storage market.
Palmchip Semiconductor uses the highly flexible and scalable AcurX™ SoC technology which is based on its patented CoreFrame ® SoC integration architecture and was developed by Palmchip Corporation in 1996. This technology provides the most efficient implementation of multi-million gate SoC solutions in terms of highest performance with lowest power consumption and smallest die size. AcurX allows Palmchip to significantly reduce time spent in design and implementation allowing the company to rapidly deploy new chips for the fast changing storage market.
To complement the AcurX technology, Palmchip Semiconductor has a library of silicon proven intellectual property modules ready to use in chip designs. For more information go to the company’s website: www.palmchip.com
Search Silicon IP
- NEO Semiconductor Launches Ground-Breaking 3D X-DRAM Technology, A Game Changer in the Memory Industry
- TSMC Launches OIP 3DFabric Alliance to Shape the Future of Semiconductor and System Innovations
- Credo Launches Comprehensive Family of 112G PAM4 SerDes IP for TSMC N5 and N4 Process Technologies
- Brite Launches High-Precision 16 bit SAR ADC
- Alma Technologies Launches Scalable Encoder and Decoder Semiconductor IP for VESA DSC 1.2b Visually Lossless Compression
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|