LSI Logic Offers Complete PCI Express Solution For Rapidchip Platform ASIC
- Silicon proven PCI Express interface now offered for use on RapidChip Platform ASIC as full stack with SerDes, Data Link and Transaction Layer cores
- PCI Express cores architected to run at 250MHz on RapidChip technology and offer low latency and high performance
- RapidChip Platform ASIC provides ideal foundation for PCI Express-based designs with fast time-to-market and at low entry costs
MILPITAS, Calif., August 31, 2004 - LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced the availability of a complete PCI Express solution, including Serializer/Deserializer (SerDes), PIPE, Data Link, and Transaction Layer cores for RapidChipTM Platform ASIC designs. The PCI Express family of cores is validated for functionality and interoperability and is compliant to the PCI Express standard. LSI Logic is currently engaged with multiple customers in PCI Express-based RapidChip XtremeTM designs in 4, 8 and 16 lane configurations.
LSI Logic's RapidChip PCI Express cores are based on the company's highly successful cell-based ASIC cores that are proven in silicon, flexible and easy-to-implement. Both the RapidChip Platform ASIC and cell-based cores showcase the company's physical layer (PHY) and serial protocols expertise.
"By offering a complete solution, LSI Logic greatly reduces PCI Express-based IC development and allows customers to focus on the value proposition of their architecture," said Jean Bou-Farhat, vice president, LSI Logic. "With PCI Express on our RapidChip Platform ASICs, customers can realize unprecedented time-to-market at a low cost and with a predictable outcome."
LSI Logic's industry proven and PCI Express compliant GigaBlaze® SerDes cores are at the heart of the company's PCI Express offering, providing a full-duplex, point-to-point communication channel. When using GigaBlaze cores, customers benefit from five technology generations of SerDes deployment experience. GigaBlaze cores in various RapidChip slices support multiple 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 PCI Express lane configurations.
LSI Logic's link and transaction layer cores provide the physical/logical, data link and transaction functionality of the PCI Express standard. These highly optimized and interoperable cores are architected to operate at 250MHz, offering high performance and low latency while supporting a rich set of features such as lane reversal, power management and flow control. Developed by a team with extensive serial protocol design experience, LSI Logic's PCI Express link cores can save customers many man-years of design and verification time while ensuring right first time silicon.
The LSI Logic CoreWare® IP library provides the industry's most comprehensive set of IP solutions that are proven and designed to work seamlessly with the standard-cell ASIC and RapidChipTM Platform ASIC design flows. CoreWare IP includes GigaBlaze® and HyperPHY® high-speed standards-compliant SerDes, high-performance ARM and MIPS processors and associated systems and reference designs, licensable ZSP® DSP cores, processor peripherals and AMBA on-chip-bus structures, USB cores, Memory PHYs and Controllers, Ethernet MAC and PHY cores, PCI Express, XGXS, SPI4.2 and other protocol layer IP. Customers can leverage CoreWare IP solutions to significantly reduce risk and turn-around times with complex SoC designs. Additionally, a dedicated worldwide IP support organization is available to assist customers in all aspects of CoreWare SoC design.
About LSI Logic Corporation
LSI Logic Corporation (NYSE: LSI) focuses on the design and production of high-performance semiconductors for Consumer, Communications and Storage applications that access, interconnect and store data, voice and video. LSI Logic engineers incorporate reusable, industry-standard intellectual property building blocks that serve as the heart of leading-edge systems. LSI Logic serves its global OEM, channel and distribution customers with Platform ASICs, standard-cell ASICs, standard products, host bus adapters, RAID controllers and software. In addition, the company supplies storage network solutions for the enterprise. LSI Logic is headquartered at 1621 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035. http://www.lsilogic.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Mentor Graphics Provides Platform Express Solution for LSI Logic RapidChip Platform ASIC Partner Program
- LSI Logic Offers Do-254 Certification Support for RapidChip(R) Platform ASIC Aerospace System Designs
- Northwest Logic's PCI Express Gen3 Core and S2C's Virtex-7 ASIC Prototyping Platform fully validated together
- DINI Group Verifies Compatibility of Northwest Logic's PCI Express Cores with Virtex-7 ASIC Prototyping Platforms
- Aldec Verifies Compatibility of Northwest Logic's PCI Express Cores with HES-7 SoC/ASIC Prototyping Platform
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|